Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a game ripe with customization options for your house and your island as a whole. Because of this, questions like how to build a path or bridge are bound to crop up. In the latest Nintendo Direct, various aspects of construction were shown, including paths, bridges, and staircases. To help give you an even better idea as to what you can expect, we’ve put together a quick guide on how to build a path in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to build a path in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- When your island is properly decked out, you’ll be given access to the Island Designer app.
- Tom Nook gives you the app after you improve your island enough for K.K. Slider to visit.
- To get K.K. Slider to visit, your island must score at least three out of five stars in Island Evaluations.
- To find out your current score, talk to Isabelle at Resident Services and ask about "Island Evals."
- To improve your Island Evaluation, increase the population size by adding new house plots, and decorate with furniture and infrastructure (bridges/inclines).
- To trigger K.K. Slider's visit, ask Isabelle about evaluations and as soon as you get a three-star review you'll get a visit from K.K. Slider the next day, after which Tom Nook will give you the Island Designer app.
- In the Island Designer app, you’ll be able to customize and terraform your island, which includes the construction of paths.
- To build a path, choose the option in the Island Designer app, then choose the path material you’d like.
- With your selections made, you’re free to paint the path along the ground to your liking.
You can build just about anything in Animal Crossing: New Horizons from a house to island upgrades like a path or bridge for you and your residents to walk on. As an added incentive to build things like bridges and staircases, expanding your island will give you access to the Island Designer app.
In the Island Designer app, you’ll be able to customize things even further by doing things like building paths and reworking waterways. So, how do you get to the point where you can build a path in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? Well, the first thing you’ll need to do is visit Tom Nook at the Construction Consultation Counter. You won't have access to this until you've upgraded the Residents Services Center and have built the Town Hall, which will take quite some time on the island!
There, you can exchange Bells for constructions including bridges and staircases. Using these constructions, you can make your island more hospitable for the residents living there as it’ll be easier for them to walk around without the use of tools. Once you’ve properly decked out your island using these constructions, K.K. Slider will come to visit and you’ll be given access to the Island Designer app in your NookPhone.
With this app, you can freely build things like paths using different materials like sand or brick. You can also rework waterways by expanding or reducing them. Overall, you’re free to customize your island in every capacity possible, letting you get creative with how you want your island to look and function.
With this in mind, you should try and experiment with building new paths, bridges, and stairs to give your island a “completed” look!
Now that you know how to build a path in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, be sure to scope out some of our other guides including how to build a house in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, how to customize furniture in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and how to go on Island Tours in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.Load Comments