Apex Legends Season 4: Assimilation is now live on all platforms, bringing the brand new legend Revenant to the fore and big changes to the world map. The Apex Legends patch notes for Season 4: Assimilation have been released by Respawn Entertainment, so we can update you on everything that’s changed in the futuristic battle royale.
Apex Legends patch notes for Season 4: Assimilation
The patch notes for Apex Legends Season 4: Assimilation were shared directly via Trello. They’re long and packed with info, but we’ve cut down and summarised the key parts and gameplay changed below for your own easy reading.
New Legend: Revenant
Consumed by hate and obsessed with revenge, Revenant uses unnatural abilities to haunt his enemies and defy death. Check out his bio.
The revenant is capable of scaling tall walls and shutting down his enemies, but due to his thin frame he takes additional damage when shot.
New weapon: Sentinel Sniper Rifle
The Sentinel is a bolt action sniper rifle, effective at medium to long range. If a player presses the "fire select" with a shield battery equipped, the Sentinel will consume the shield battery from your inventory and temporarily enters an energized state. While energized, the Sentinel fires projectiles that deal massive damage to shields. The projectiles use different VFX trails, and there is a unique energized firing sound, so all nearby players know that the Sentinel is firing these higher damage projectiles.
The Sentinel has a limited amount of energy that decays slowly over time, and loses a big chunk of juice for each shot. Once the energy runs out, the energized state ends.
The Planet Harvester: With its large, multi-level design the Planet Harvester is unlike anything else on World's Edge and brings exciting new gameplay options to the game.
Capitol City: Capitol City was the biggest POI in Season 3, getting the most action right out of the ship. By sending the fissure straight through Capitol City and creating some dead space in between (swallowing up one of the construction buildings as well), we essentially split this area into two separate zones for players to land in and loot: Fragment East and Fragment West.
The Updrafts: If you jump into the fissure that cuts through Capitol City you’ll slowly be carried back up from the heated, pressurized air, and allowed to coast across and land on the other side. This is balanced by two things. First, you take 25 damage from the intense heat and embers floating inside. This is a consistent amount of damage every time you drop back down. Second, you travel very slowly, in third person, while moving in the updraft.
Survey Camp: This is a new, small POI in the snowy fields between the Epicenter and Skyhook.
Weapon Racks: These are guaranteed weapons placed on racks in the small buildings of Survey Camp. You’ll recognize them from Training or the Firing Range. This should give players who prioritize a good weapon over a premier drop location a new decision to make.
New loot: Sniper Ammo
- All snipers now take new ammo type:
- Longbow DMR
- Charge Rifle [now uses 1 sniper ammo per shot. Magazine holds 4 shots]
New attachment: Extended magazine for Sniper ammo.
Energy Ammo: Now gives 30 ammo per pickup instead of 20.
Removed loot: The following items have been removed from the game: Turbocharger hop-up, Extended mags for energy ammo
Gold Backpack: UI update to better convey to the player when they are using or being revived with the perk.
Ironsights on the following weapons have been updated to improve accuracy:
- Longbow DMR
- Charge Rifle
- Sentinel Sniper Rifle
- Spitfire LMG
- Moved from “Sniper” to the “Assault Rifle” class.
- Now only accepts AR optics and attachments [including barrel stabilizers and stock].
- Still accepts Double Tap hop-up.
- Contributes to progress for stats/challenges for AR’s moving forward.
- Reduced fire rate 4.5 -> 4.0
- Increasing time between shots for double tap 0.425 -> 0.475
- Fixed bug where G7 had 0 ADS air spread, making it the only gun that was perfectly accurate on ziplines, etc.
- The L-STAR is no longer a crate weapon and can now be found around the map.
- Uses energy ammo.
- Reloading has been removed and the L-STAR will overheat after sustained fire so best to fire in short bursts to manage overheating and recoil.
- Damage reduced per shot 19 -> 18
- Rate of Fire decreased 12 -> 10
- Less horizontal viewkick when the weapon fires.
- Removed from normal loot pool and is now a crate weapon.
- Magazine size: 54
- Total ammo stock: 162
- Turbocharger functionality.
- No longer accepts the Turbocharger hop-up [turbocharger has been removed from the game] but can still equip Select Fire.
- Decreased time between shots when using Select Fire hop-up .77 -> .56
- Reduced damage per shot 12 -> 11
- Increased magazine size for the first 3 tiers:
- Base: 18 -> 20
- Common: 20 -> 22
- Rare: 23 -> 24
- Epic: 27 -> 27
- Increased damage per shot 14 -> 15
- Increased single-shot rate of fire 5.6 -> 6.4
- Adjusted magazine sizes:
- Base: 4 -> 5
- Common: 6 -> 6
- Rare: 8 -> 7
- Epic: 10 -> 8
- Double Tap hop-up: reduced the delay between bursts: 0.85 -> 0.80
- Fixed an exploit that players discovered and reported where you could rapidly fire the Mastiff.
Gold Weapons Update
- The following will be the new set of Gold Weapons for Season 4:
Legends patch notes
- Downing (not killing) players adds 5 seconds to Beast of the Hunt timer. It is possible to exceed starting time with successive kills.
- EMP no longer destroys friendly Gibraltar Dome Shields.
- Dome Shields no longer can stick to Crypto’s Drone.
- Fixed bug that was causing players that reached account level 500 to crash or access their inventory or store.
- Fixed bug where player level text would appear on the badges of level 100 badge when it wasn’t supposed to.
- Fixed bug for some cases where players were unable to equip weapons from care packages when attempting to swap it with an existing weapon.
- Fixes for a few bad spots in World’s Edge where players were getting stuck or getting to places they shouldn’t - thank you to everyone that’s been capturing and reporting these issues and keep them coming!
- Fixed bug where sometimes when the Jumpmaster disconnects then the followers in their squad would float in mid-air and be unable to unfollow.
- General stability fixes.
Quality of life changes
- Fixes for cases where approaching the edge of the Circle would make the players screen turn almost all white.
- Updated colorblind settings based on player feedback.
- Community Request: added a Random Favorites option for unlocked skins that can be found in the Legend customization menu.
- You’ll see an option to “favorite” skins you’ve unlocked [Y button on consoles].
- Choosing Random Favorite option from the skins menu will randomly cycle your chosen favorite Legend skins in between matches.
- Increased the timer for when you can still be credited for an assist after dealing damage: 5 seconds -> 7.5 seconds.
- Nerfed the Roller that falls from the Loot Drone.
- Reduced damage.
- Decreased radius of splash damage.
- Updated the visual FX to the explosion for better visibility.
- “Target Compensation” and “Melee Target Compensation” options have been moved to the “Advanced Look Controls” menu.
PLAYERS CRASHING WITH DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Some player are experiencing an issue where Apex is crashing with a “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” error message. We are working closely with NVIDIA to help determine the cause of the issue and provide gamers with a solution (via updated driver or game patch) as soon as possible.
With this patch we’ll be pushing out changes globally to matchmaking that we’ve been testing in specific regions. We’re well aware that this has been a contentious topic among players and there’s been some misinformation out there so just to be clear: skill-based matchmaking has existed in Apex since launch and we’ll be continuing to improve it over time.
Those are the full Apex Legends patch notes for Season 4: Assimilation. If you want to read the extended patch notes including comments from the developers detailing why they made certain adjustments, and providing more information on the new ranked mode for Season 4, click here to be taken to Respawn Entertainment’s official post. Are you a fan of the changes listed in the Apex Legends patch notes for Season 4? Let us know down in the comments.Load Comments