Resident Evil Resistance is a new asymmetric multiplayer title from Capcom which pits four survivors against one mastermind. The cooperating band of survivors need to utilize their unique skills and working together to stave off hordes of undead as they try to escape from the Mastermind’s facility. The Mastermind, on the other hand, will be spending their time setting up traps and spawning in undead beasts to torment the trapped survivors. Each survivor and Mastermind has access to unique powers, so to help you get to grips with them all, we’ve put together a list of all Survivors and Masterminds announced so far for Resident Evil Resistance.
All Survivors and Masterminds in Resident Evil Resistance
As noted previously, Survivors and Masterminds come with two unique abilities to use during matches. Survivors have two abilities and varying health, while Masterminds come with unique monster card decks and ultimate powers. Interested to know more? Let’s get started with the Survivors:
All Survivors in Resident Evil Resistance
Samuel Jordan: Damage
A former boxer, Samuel has high health and is built for close-quarters combat.
- Dash Punch: Dashes forward quickly and punches the nearest enemy.
- Fists of Iron: Uses boxing skills to give enemies the old one-two.
January Van Sant: Hacker
A hacker investigating Umbrella, January can disable the Mastermind’s cameras.
- Overload: Disables cameras, obscuring the Mastermind’s actions.
- EMP: Impairs all cameras and increases the cost of using cards for the Mastermind.
Valerie Harmon: Support
A chemist grad school student who joined Umbrella, Valerie excels at healing her teammates.
- Survival Instinct: Marks nearby items and threats, making them easier for teammates to find.
- Modified First Aid Spray: Uses a limited-duration first aid spray to heal or buff nearby teammates.
Tyrone Henry: Tank
A member of the Raccoon City Fire Department, Tyrone has a high defense and protects his teammates in close-quarters combat.
- Power Kick: Attacks enemies in front of him with a powerful kick.
- Rally: Increases the morale of teammates, decreasing damage taken for a set duration.
Becca Woolett: Damage
A Park Ranger, Becca is extremely capable with firearms and one of the best damage dealers.
- Sentry Stance: Assume a stance that focuses aim, greatly enhancing firearm skills in exchange for mobility.
- Bullet Storm: For a brief time, fire an unlimited number of shots.
Martin Sandwich: Support
A mechanic working for a medical appliance manufacturer, Martin can create traps to catch the Mastermind’s creatures out.
- Makeshift Mine: Jury-rig a mine that will explode when hostile creatures draw near, impeding them.
- Flash Baton: Use a blinding flash to halt approaching enemies, temporarily incapacitating them.
All Masterminds in Resident Evil Resistance
Ultimate monster: Tyrant
Description: Spencer's personally employed fixer, Daniel has been assigned to support Alex Wesker in her virus research by procuring test subjects and preparing testing facilities. While Daniel is not a scientist by trade, he has exhibited a proclivity for his role, taking direct control of zombies to attack the Survivors head-on. He possesses many creature cards that have extremely high attack power, with energy costs to match. He is also the only one able to control the deadly bioweapon known as the Tyrant.
Ultimate monster: G-Birkin
Description: An extremely talented researcher in Umbrella's employ, Annette is a co-creator of the G-Virus, along with her husband, lead researcher William Birkin. She appears in this title as a playable Mastermind. Her acumen with bioweapons and viral research is on full display when she takes charge, as she uses injections to bring out the strength and abilities of the creatures she deploys. She can also call upon her own husband in his mutated form, and take control of G-Birkin.
Those are all the Survivor and Mastermind characters announced so far for Resident Evil Resistance, but we’ll be sure to update this page if any more are announced before the game releases. Resident Evil Resistance will release with Resident Evil 3 on April 3, 2020. Are you excited? Let us know your favorite character and if you want to play as a Survivor or Mastermind in the comments below.