As gamers explore Death Stranding, questions including how to build a bridge are bound to come up. Not only will you be asked to build a bridge as part of your Orders, but you may want to build one for the sheer sake of it after stumbling across bridges built by other players. To help, we’ve put together a guide that will explain how to build a bridge in Death Stranding!
How to build a bridge in Death Stranding
- Reach the Distribution Center West of Capital Knot City and acquire Order Number 10.
- Pick up a PCC along with 200 Metals.
- Find a location to build your bridge, preferably over a body of water or ravine.
- Hold right on your d-pad and select your PCC.
- Press down on the d-pad to select the bridge option from your PCC constructions.
- Guide the outline of your bridge to an area where it can be built. If the outline shows red, you can’t build there.
- Try adjusting the position of your bridge, or the length of your bridge using your right stick up or down.
- When the outline is green, you can begin building your bridge.
- To complete your bridge and level it up, you’ll need to acquire more Metals and Chiral Crystals and deliver them to your bridge.
The option to build a bridge in Death Stranding (a real one, not just a ladder bridge) becomes available after you reach the Distribution Center West of Capital Knot City. There, you’ll receive Order Number 10 which tasks you with building a bridge. Before you head out and explore the nearby area to locate the best possible spot for your shiny new bridge, you’ll want to ensure you have all the proper materials.
To build a bridge, you’ll need a PCC along with 200 Metals. Note that you can use the “Claim Materials” option to add 200 Metals to your pack if you don’t have any available. With these items in your possession, you’ll need to pick a spot for your bridge. Unlike ladders that can be constructed anywhere for any reason, PCC bridges are primarily used to span bodies of water and ravines.
Ultimately, where you choose to build your bridge is up to you, though you’ll also need to take the bridge position into account. To begin building a bridge, hold right on your d-pad, then select a PCC with your right stick. Press down on your d-pad and select the bridge option from your PCC constructions. An outline of your bridge will appear, and you’ll need to guide this bridge outline to where you want your actual bridge to reside.
If the bridge outline shows red, you can’t build your bridge at that particular location. Try moving around from left to right, moving your right stick up or down to adjust the bridge length, or changing how you view the bridge (looking up, looking down) to see if there are any obstacles in the way. Once the bridge outline shows green, you’re free to lay your bridge down.
To expand your bridge and level it up, you’ll need to return to Distribution Center West and acquire more Metals and Chiral Crystals, then head back to your bridge and add them. Other players can contribute to your bridge and vice versa, so if you’re feeling charitable, be sure to help another player level up their bridge if you have the materials to spare!
Now that you know how to build a bridge in Death Stranding, be sure to read through some of our other helpful guides including where to find popular celebrity cameos in Death Stranding, how to redeem preorder DLC in Death Stranding, and whether you can fast travel in Death Stranding.Load Comments