Checked the calendar lately? We’re rapidly closing in on the holiday season, and that means gift giving will soon be well underway. Not sure what to buy the PC Gamer in your life? Not to worry, we’ve put together a list of cracking gifts ranging from a new mouse to extra RAM that’ll bring some joy to a friend or loved one’s gaming machine. Read on for our PC gaming holiday gift guide 2019!
Looking for Black Friday deals? Head down to the bottom of the page and you'll find our roundup of all the currently announced offers! After everything Black Friday 2019 in one place? Click here to visit our Black Friday 2019 gaming deals hub.
PC gaming holiday gift guide 2019
No matter the game of preference, a mouse is one of the core gaming peripherals. Handily, it’s also one of the cheapest and easiest to package as a gift! A good mouse makes for a much more satisfying experience and can give players the edge in online games like shooters.
For those who prefer simplicity in their mice, the Roccat Kain 120 Aimo is a fantastic and affordable pickup. The build is light, sleek and sturdy, making this mouse the perfect choice for those who use their PC for both gaming and work. If you want something a touch flashier, the HyperX Pulsefire Surge comes with customizable, 360° RGB lighting and includes six programmable buttons. Looking to go all out? The wireless Logitech G502 is strange to look at but offers an incredibly comprehensive package that includes eleven programmable buttons, adjustable scroll wheels and a massive 48-hour battery life with all the lights on.
- Roccat Kain 120 Aimo - $69.99
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge - $41.99
- Logitech G502 - $149.99
If not a mouse, the next port of call for PC gaming peripherals has to be a keyboard. Mechanical keyboards are all the rage these days, and that’s for good reason. Not only are they satisfying to clack away on, they’re also precise and consistent, a crucial factor in multiplayer gaming.
The HyperX Alloy Elite is an impressively affordable entry, coming with Cherry MX mechanical keyswitches in a solid steel frame with media controls, a wrist rest and more. RGB lightning customized through the HyperX NGenuity software brings a bit of style to the desk as well. Corsair have long been regarded kings of the mechanical keyboard, and if you can afford to splash out, they certainly won’t disappoint. This beefy keyboard includes pretty much everything you could hope for, and even includes textured tops to the WASD keys just for gamers. If you want to save a bit of money but still want quality, the Logitech K840 is the best budget board on the market. Packing excellent mechanical switches into a compact and sturdy frame, this is a keyboard that gets the job done without any of the flashy extras found elsewhere. If you’re not after marcros, RGB lights and all that fluff, choose the Logitech K840.
- HyperX Alloy Elite RGB - $111.99
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum - $166.30
- Logitech K840 - $59.99
While consoles can get away with TV speakers, any dedicated PC Gamer will know how vital a headset is. Useful for far more than just letting you enjoy the music and dialogue from your favorite games, a headset is crucial for communicating with friends or other players online.
SteelSeries has long been recognized for producing quality headphones, and the Arctis Pro is a fantastic entry to the world of gaming headsets. If you don’t mind paying for quality, The Arctis Pro is one of the best sounding wired headsets out there. HyperX’s Cloud Mix is designed for the gamer who also enjoys music on the go. An undeniably fashionable design, the Cloud Mix can swap between wired and Bluetooth connections, letting you connect to your phone, tablet or pretty much anything for the length of its 20-hour battery life. For a budget gaming headset, don’t underestimate the Corsair HS50. It might seem simple by comparison, but it doesn’t skimp on audio quality or build with 50mm neodymium drivers and a detachable microphone. As an added bonus, it’ll also work great on any consoles your giftee owns.
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro - $171.99
- HyperX Cloud Mix - $187.38
- Corsair HS50 - $48.99
Buying someone else computer components can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! One easy purchase that’s almost always a boost is picking up some RAM. So long as you know their motherboard and what sort of RAM it supports, buying new RAM can help speed up any PC player’s rig.
Bring a boost of speed and color to your gift recipient’s computer with some HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB RAM. Want something a touch cheaper? Corsair is one of the most reliable RAM providers on the market, and their DDR4 Vengeance line offers solid speeds without a hefty price tag. Finally, HyperX’s Impact line is designed specifically for laptops and notebooks, giving them an often much-needed boost to RAM.
- HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB - $116.99
- Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - $64.99
- HyperX Impact SODIMM DDR4 - $71.20
If you’re not sure what else to pick up tech-wise, there are a few simple, silly and cheaper options out there to keep a PC gamer happy. Most games are purchased digitally these days, and while you can gift through Steam, you can also grab a gift card and let them choose their own games. We might have to make excuses to play with Lego these days, but if you offer us the chance to build Overwatch heroes then we’ll revert straight back to children again. Blizzard teamed up with Lego to offer a few different designs including Bastion and Wrecking Ball, so pick your favorite.
If, like us, your gaming close one enjoys food as much as their virtual worlds, why not combine the two with an official cookbook from The Elder Scrolls universe? Bring on the sweetrolls! Hoping for something a bit more tech-related? If your giftee is interested in starting up a podcast or trying their hands at streaming, consider grabbing them a HyperX Quadcast mic to get them off on the right track.
- Steam Gift Card
- LEGO Overwatch toys
- The Elder Scrolls: The Official Cookbook
- HyperX Quadcast Microphone
Black Friday 2019 PC Gaming deals
The floodgates have been opened and the waves of Black Friday 2019 deals have begun pouring in from Target, Costco and more. Below we've listed all the relevant deals for PC Gamers looking for a new laptop or desktop.
- Dell: Dell UltraSharp 27 InfinityEdge Monitor - $279.99
- Dell: Dell 24 Gaming Monitor - $99.99
- Dell: Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset - $169.99
- Dell: Alienware Gaming Keyboard and Mouse bundle - $109.99
- Dell: Alienware m17 Laptop - $1,899.99
- Dell: New Alienware Aurora Desktop - $1,699.99
- Dell: Dell G7 Gaming Laptop - $1,099.99
- Dell: Dell G5 Gaming Desktop - $499.99
- Costco: Microsoft Surface Pro Bundle (16GB) - $1,299.99
- Costco: Microsoft Surface Pro Bundle (8GB) - $799.99
- Costco: Microsoft Surface Go Bundle - $399.99
- Costco: MSI GE75 Raider 17.3” Gaming Laptop - $1,199.99
- Costco: Dell G5 15.6” Gaming Laptop - $1,099.99
- Costco: Lenovo Legion Y545 15.6” Gaming Laptop - $999.99
- Costco: HP Omen Gaming Desktop - $749.99
- Costco: Samsung 32” 4K Curved Gaming Monitor - $319.99
- Costco: LG UltraGear 32” Gaming Monitor - $249.99
- Costco: LG UltraGear 27” Gaming Monitor - $179.99
- Walmart: HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop with i5 processor and Nvidia GTX 1050 - $499
- Walmart: HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop with i5 processor and Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti - $579
- Walmart: MSI Optix G27C4 Curved Gaming Monitor - $178
- Walmart: Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse - $50
- Walmart: HyperX Cloud II Pro Gaming Headset - $59
- GameStop: HTC Vive Pro Starter Kit - $799.99
- GameStop: HTC Vive Pro VR Headset - $599.99
- GameStop: HTC Vive Cosmos VR - $599.99
- GameStop: Cyberpower Gamer Master PC - $499.99
- GameStop: Cyberpower Gamer Extreme PC - $1159.99
- GameStop: Cyberpower Gamer Supreme PC - $1599.99
- Amazon: HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset - White/Purple - $69.99
- Amazon: AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor - $115.99
- Amazon: Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip 23.8 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Gaming Monitor - $149.99
- Amazon: Acer Predator XB271HK bmiprz 27-inch IPS UHD Monitor - $469.99
- Amazon: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC - $928.99
- Amazon: CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC - $599.99
- Amazon: Asus TUF FX505DT Gaming Laptop - $599.99
- Amazon: Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop - $599.99
- Amazon: Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor - $230.99
- Amazon: MSI GF63 Thin 9SCX-615 15.6" Gaming Laptop - $628.99
- Amazon: LG 34GL750-B 34 inch Gaming Monitor - $379.99
- Amazon: CyberpowerPC Gamer Master Gaming PC - $759.99
- Amazon: MSI GS65 Stealth-006 Gaming Laptop - $1499.99
- Amazon: CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC - $1499.99
- Amazon: ASUS Vivobook K571 Laptop - $899.99
- Amazon: Acer ED323QUR Abidpx 31.5 Inches WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor - $269.99
- Amazon: Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop - $2099.99
- Amazon: Alienware M17 Gaming Notebook - $1399.99
- Amazon: ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop - $648.99
- Amazon: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC - $449.99
- Amazon: Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop - $1699.99
Looking for more gaming-themed gift ideas? Check out the following gift guides:
- Nintendo Switch holiday gift guide 2019
- Nintendo Switch Accessories holiday gift guide 2019
- Xbox One holiday gift guide 2019
- PS4 holiday gift guide 2019
- Gaming cookbooks holiday gift guide 2019
- Holiday gift guide 2019 for the music-loving gamer