The wait is now over. As of last night’s Nintendo Direct, Banjo & Kazooie are now available as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Nintendo has worked hard to keep their playstyle authentic to the classic N64 game, as you’ll see when you take a look through the full Banjo-Kazooie moveset detailed below.
Banjo-Kazooie full moveset in Smash Ultimate
Unlike the Ice Climbers duo, Banjo & Kazooie are a fairly heavy pair in Smash Ultimate, and deal hefty damage and knockback. They have a coupld of projectiles and can jump two times in the air.
Dash, Jab and Tilt Attacks
- Dash Attack: Forward Roll - Similar to Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie rolls forward knocking enemies upwards.
- Jab: Claw Swipe - A three-hit attack that launches opponents. Can be used as a rapid jab called Rat-a-tat Rap.
- Forward Tilt: Unknown name - Banjo pokes Kazooie forwards in a fast, pointed strike.
- Up Tilt: Unkown name - Banjo kicks his foot upwards in front of him.
- Down Tilt: Beak Barge - Kazooie pokes low along the ground, knocking enemies upwards.
- Forward Smash: Breegul Bash - Banjo Smashes Kazooie forwards in an overhead swing
- Up Smash: Bill Drill - Banjo-Kazooie spin on the spot as Kazooie pokes her beak upwards.
- Down Smash: Unknown name - Kazooie slams her wings down both sides of the pair.
- Neutral Air: Wing Whack - Banjo-Kazooie spin in the air with wings outstretched in a multi-hit attack.
- Back Air: Air Rat-a-tat Rap - Athree-hitt aerial attack with Kazooie’s beak.
- Forward Air: Unknown name - Banjo swings a heavy overhead punch forward.
- Up Air: Unknown name - Kazooie sliced her wings upwards in a scissor-like cut.
- Down Air: Beak Buster - Banjo-Kazooie sharply drop downwards, poking enemies with Kazooie’s beak. Can spike opponents.
Banjo-Kazooie Special Moves
Neutral B: Egg Firing (Press)/Breegul Blaster (Hold)
Kazooie launches an egg forwards that bounces several times. Hold down B to continue firing eggs in a straight line, even while moving. Cancel by crouching or pressing shield.
Side B: Wonderwing
Banjo-Kazooie charge forwards, pushing through many attacks. It has five uses per stock and can be shielded or grabbed.
Up B: Shock Spring Jump
Banjo-Kazooie launch upward with the Shock Spring Pad. Hold the button to jump higher. You can use double jump after activating it. The pad can also hit opponents as it falls or even be picked up and thrown.
Down B: Rear Egg
Kazooie fires a bouncing grenade egg behind them from the backpack. The grenade can be picked up and thrown but the timer is very short. The grenade is shaped like a rugby ball, making it difficult to predict the bounces.
Banjo-Kazooie Final Smash
Banjo-Kazooie summon a statue from the ground in front of them. Anyone hit is impaled by the Jinjonator, dealing massive damage and knockback.
That's the full moveset list for Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Ultimate, including special moves and their Final Smash. Want to see them in action? Watch the showcase by MasterOfHyrule above or the introductory video by Smash Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai himself. How are you finding Banjo & Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Let us know in the comments below!Load Comments