As you play through Remnant: From the Ashes, you’ll need to track down various key items in order to progress. While some are relatively easy to acquire, like the Tarnished Ring, others can be a bit more time-consuming. For example, you’ll need to defeat the Undying King in order to get the Labyrinth Ring. To help save you time, we’ve put together a guide that quickly explains how to get every single key item in Remnant: From the Ashes and what it’s used for!
Where to find all key items in Remnant: From the Ashes
- Control Rod: The Control Rod is acquired as a drop by Maul in Remnant: From the Ashes. With the Control Rod, you’ll want to place it in the Vyr automation chest in Rhom just outside of Wud’s shop. In doing so, you’ll unlock the Ancient Construct. When defeated, the Ancient Construct drops the Ancient Core crafting material.
- D.A.T.L.A. Key: The D.A.T.L.A. Key is given to you by Commander Ford after you complete the quest to turn on the reactor in Ward 13. With the D.A.T.L.A. Key, you’ll be able to power up the Crystal Terminal inside of Ward 13.
- Founder’s Key: The Founder’s Key is acquired after you free Andrew Ford from Founder’s Prison. Using the Founder’s Key, you’ll be able to unlock and use a computer terminal located in the lower area of Ward 13.
- Fuse: The Fuse is located in the basement of Ward 13 behind a door you need your Keycard (see how to get the Keycard in this list) to open. Using your Fuse, you’ll be able to expand Ward 13 by filling the empty fuse slot.
- Glowing Rod: The Glowing Rod drops at Rhom inside The Ardent Temple or Vault of the Herald in Remnant: From the Ashes. Note several Glowing Rods are required to unlock the Vault of the Herald area containing the Akari set pieces.
- Guardian’s Heart: To get the Guardian’s Heart, you’ll need to progress through Ward 13 until you reach the room with a large fan inside. There, you’ll find the Guardian’s Heart. With the Guardian’s Heart in your possession, you have two options: give it to the Iskal Queen or the Undying King. If you give it to the Iskal Queen, you’ll get the Crossbow and Slayer Mantle. When given to the Undying King, you’ll get the Riven melee weapon.
- Howling Key: The Howling Key is acquired as a drop by Claviger in Remnant: From the Ashes. With the Howling Key, you’ll be able to unlock access to the altar of the Sun Gate and reach the Undying King, whom you’ll fight to get the Labyrinth Key.
- Labyrinth Key: The Labyrinth Key is one of the hardest key items to acquire as it drops after you defeat the Undying King. Given the difficulty of this task, we recommend you come prepared before seeing out the Labyrinth Key and Undying King.
- Strange Coin: The Strange Coin is located near a corpse on the floor of the first dungeon you complete in Remnant: From the Ashes. Can also spawn at random in other dungeons. Rather than hold on to the Strange Coin, you’ll want to give it to Ace. As a reward, Ace will give you 300 Scrap and the Magnum Revolver.
- Strange Curio: The Strange Curio is located in the back of a cart owned by the Stuck Merchant. With the Strange Curio in your possession, you’ll be able to open a dungeon in Yaesha that contains the Radiant Visage head armor.
- Tarnished Ring: The Tarnished Ring is located at random on the floor of a dungeon in Remnant: From the Ashes. With the Tarnished Ring, you can give it to Reggie in exchange for rewards as noted in our previous guide.
- Ward 13 Keycard: The Ward 13 Keycard can be found by exploring the Founder’s Hideout area. With the Ward 13 Keychard, you’ll be able to return to Ward 13 as needed in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Ward 13 Master Key: To get the Ward 13 Master Key, you’ll need to progress through Ward 13 until you reach the room after the room where you found the Guardian’s Heart. Inside this next room, you’ll find the Ward 13 Master Key. Using the Ward 13 Master Key, you’ll be able to unlock the door near the back of B2. Inside, you’ll find the Submachine Gun.
Now that you know where to get all key items in Remnant: From the Ashes, be sure to check out some of our other guides including how to solve the Monolith Puzzle in Remnant: From the Ashes, how to solve the Bell Puzzles in Remnant: From the Ashes, and a list of all weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.Load Comments