Fire Emblem: Three Houses is full of interesting weapons you can acquire, though if you prefer having solid defense to fall back on, Shields are also available in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. When equipped, Shields offer an increase in Defense and Resistance depending on the type of shield you have equipped. Wondering what shields are available? Below, we’ve put together a quick guide that lists all Shields in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and their stats.
All Shields in Fire Emblem: Three Houses
In Fire Emblem: Three Houses, there are a few basic Shield types available that can be purchased in the Marketplace. These Shields have no associated Special Effects, but will give your characters a Defense and Resistance boost. Shields have Weight in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Wondering what Weight is for? Be sure to read through our previous guide that explains what Weight impacts in Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
Outside of Shields you can purchase in the Marketplace, there are also Shields you can acquire in battle. Rarer Shields not only offer boosts to Defense and Resistance, some include Special Effects that increase your Resilience. If you have a few different Shields in your inventory and are wondering which ones are best to equip, we’ve got you covered. Below, you’ll find the full list of Shields and their stats in Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Leather Shield: 1 Def, 0 Res, 1 Wt. Can be purchased in the Marketplace for 500 Gold.
- Iron Shield: 2 Def, 0 Res, 2 Wt. Can be purchased in the Marketplace for 1,000 Gold.
- Steel Shield: 3 Def, 0 Res, 4 Wt. Can be purchased in the Marketplace for 1,500 Gold.
- Silver Shield: 4 Def, 0 Res, 4 Wt. Can be purchased in the Marketplace for 2,000 Gold.
- Aegis Shield: 6 Def, 3 Res, 6 Wt. Offers +3 to Resilience and increased damage chance when paired with character bearing the Crest of Fraldarius. Acquired during the "True Chivalry" Paralogue.
- Aurora Shield: 3 Def, 0 Res, 0 Wt. Removes weakness from flying types.
- Dark Aegis Shield: 10 Def, 10 Res, 6 Wt. Offers +10 to Resilience and chance to half damage when paired with character bearing the Crest of Fraldarius.
- Hexlock Shield: 2 Def, 4 Res, 5 Wt. Offers +4 to Resilience.
- Kadmos Shield: 3 Def, 0 Res, 0 Wt. Removes weakness from heavy armor types.
- Lampos Shield: 3 Def, 0 Res, 0 Wt. Removes weakness from cavalry types.
- Ochain Shield: 6 Def, 0 Res, 4 Wt. Obtained through the “Retribution” Paralogue. Restores HP per turn and nullifies critical hits from enemies.
- Seiros Shield: 5 Def, 0 Res, 3 Wt. Restores HP per turn and halves damage dealt by monsters.
- Talisman Shield: 1 Def, 2 Res, 4 Wt. Offers +2 to Resilience.
Out of all the Shields we’ve encountered in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, the Dark Aegis Shield is arguably the best option. Not only does it have the best stats to help you boost Defense and Resistance, it also gives +10 to Resilience. Note that the Aegis Shield and Dark Aegis Shield are best when paired with a character bearing the Crest of Fraldarius, though you can give this shield to any of your characters if you so choose.
In general, we feel certain Shield types are definitely worth it. If your characters are struggling in battle and you don’t wish to sacrifice them, a good Shield will help grant added survivability.
Now that you know all of the shields available in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, be sure to check out some of our other guides including a list of each character’s favorite tea in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, all class certification requirements in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and how to get Forge materials in Fire Emblem: Three Houses.