The Apex Legends 1.2 patch had a slightly bumpy arrival, but after several hours’ delay, players are now free to jump into the Legendary Hunt Limited Time Event. The patch adds a selection of new features to the game, including the Apex Elite Queue for those lucky enough to finish in the top five of a match. There are plenty of bug or quality-of-life fixes included too, so let’s get you up to date with the full Apex Legends 1.2 patch notes.
The Legendary Hunt
The biggest inclusion in the 1.2 patch is the new Limited Time Event: The Legendary Hunt. This special event gives anyone who finishes in the top five of an Apex game the chance to join the Apex Elite Queue. Doing so will mean you’ll only face off against those who placed in the top five of other games, seriously putting your skills to the test. Be careful though, as in the Apex Elite Queue the ring will close faster and deal a lot more damage. If you manage to successfully earn win streaks there, you’ll be able to unlock Elite badges for different Legends, or even new weapon skins. Here are the challenges available for the Legendary Hunt:
- Legendary Hunt Badge – Finish in the Top 5 in any match. Tracks your longest Top 5 streak in the Elite Queue.
- Rare Wolfpack G7 Scout weapon skin – Finish in the Top 5 in an Apex Elite match.
- Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound Legend skin – Finish in the Top 5 in any queue five times (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
- Legendary Tamed Beast Triple Take weapon skin – Win twice in any queue (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
To celebrate the launch of the Legendary Hunt, Respawn is running a Double XP weekend from 10am PT June 7 - 10am PT June 10. If you’re a Battle Pass. Anyone who owns the Wild Frontier Battle Pass also got an extra treat in the 1.2 patch, as they’ll automatically gain the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin. Make it to level 15 in the pass and you’ll also get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary Skin. Even better, one per day you can earn an entire Battle Pass level by finishing in the top five of a match.
Apex Legends 1.2 patch notes
Finally, let’s get down to patch notes, which don’t include any balance changes but do rejig the loot spawns in certain areas. A number of bug fixes have also been included, along with several quality of life changes. Death boxes should now show loot faster, and servers have been improved too. High-level players will be sad to hear that bunnyhopping while healing is also gone.
- Thunderdome has had some small changes to loot placement, mostly around moving loose loot into bins for more visibility on where the loot is.
- The Pit has about 2x the loot in it
- Repulsor has loot bins added to the west side of the area, on top of the trapezoid buildings.
- Some loot added to the underground pit in the small town in Shattered Forest.
- Added voice over lines that will callout Jump Towers when you ping them. You can now ping the jump towers.
Bug and Quality of Life fixes
- Decreased the delay with items showing up in the menu when looting a Death Box.
- Mini Map direction will now display correctly while in the ship or skydiving.
- Improved server performance for some cases of rubberbanding when using items.
- Removed an exploit that allowed a squad to have more than one of the same Legend.
- Removed an exploit that allowed to "bunny hop" while healing.
- Fixed issue where players might “bounce” off your squad when breaking off during a skydive.
- Improved skydiving so it should feel more responsive and smooth.
- Thermite grenades now cause damage to doors.
- Squad Summary Page Improvements
- cursor support added.
- players can now mute / report players from this page.
- players can now report teammates that have disconnected.
- Caustic barrels can now be triggered or disabled by friendly teammates.
- Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the last zipline you were on.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple now has a blue crosshair indicator that will appear when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
- When grappling a zipline, the trajectory will now pull players to a point below the zipline rather than above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
- Made improvements to how weapon reticles and optics are displayed when playing with colorblind settings.
- Added colorblind support for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Removed the ability for players to change game settings not intended to be modified on a client level. Our intent is to prevent exploits like removing muzzle flash, disabling lighting, and other changes that give players an unfair competitive advantage.
- We've reverted the behavior of "Holster Weapons" so pressing that button while your melee weapon is out will no longer bring out your last primary weapon.
- Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers.
- Added localized voice overs for all Legends that now supports:
- Fixed an issue where a player is unable to change their Party Privacy option.
- Fixed the extra sway from the G7 crosshair while moving.
- Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was too noticeable.
- Fixed a rare issue with using consumables while having a Caustic gas canister out.
- Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
- Improved framerate when Sun shadow coverage is set High in Video options.
- Fixed issue with the Long Distance Kill Badge not displaying the correct max distance.
- Fixed issue with bad framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Fixed players being crushed by opening or closing doors when climbing onto a roof just above the door.
- Fixed a crash related to model code.
- Fixed issue where player would crawl very fast in place.
- Fixed some rare cases of players getting stuck in geometry.
- Fixed issue where Octane’s Stim trail would still linger after death.
- Fixed cases where melee lunges could stop too far from their intended target.
- Fixed issue with players not receiving any XP for anything after a match and the Champion Bonus showing as -1XP.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the audio and visual effects would not play when a weapon fires.
- Lots of minor fixes and polish to game stability and performance.
Respawn also posted some known issues that are still being worked on:
“Teamwork” and “Bonus Round” Badges
- We are working on a server side patch for these ASAP.
Playstation sign in bug for new players
- [affects Playstation only] There is an issue with some brand new players that do not already have an EA account linked to PSN being unable to sign into the game. We’re working a fix for this to get out ASAP.
Those are the full version 1.2 patch notes for Apex Legends. Are you looking forward to joining the Legendary Hunt? How many games do you think you’ll win in the Apex Elite Queue? Let us know in the comments below!Load Comments