In Dauntless, there are a variety of elemental damage types with their own strengths and weaknesses. The main elements to keep in mind while playing Dauntless include Frost, Blaze, Shock, Terra, Radiant, Umbral, and Terra. Depending on the type of Behemoth you’re fighting against, using a weapon with a particular elemental damage type can aid you in battle. For example, if you’re fighting against Charrogg who utilizes Blaze elemental damage, you’ll want to use a weapon with Frost damage to bring him down. Confused? We’ve got you covered! Below, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide featuring all elemental weaknesses in Dauntless.
All Elemental Weaknesses in Dauntless
In Dauntless, the main element types are Frost, Blaze, Shock, Terra, Radiant, Umbral, and Terra. Below, we’ve elaborated upon each of these elements, the damage they deal, and which Behemoths occupy these element classes in Dauntless.
- Frost: Equivalent of ice damage in Dauntless, can be found in the Chilled Depths of the Shattered Isles. Status effect can slow or even freeze an opponent. Behemoths with Frost include Pangar, Frostback Pangar, and Skraev. Counter: Blaze.
- Blaze: Equivalent of fire damage in Dauntless, can be found in the Upper Reaches of the Shattered Isles. Status effect deals damage over time. Behemoths with Blaze include Charogg, Firebrand Charrogg, Embermane, Bloodfire Embermane, and Hellion. Counter: Frost.
- Shock: Equivalent of electric damage in Dauntless, can be found on storm-lashed islands of the Shattered Isles. Status effect can stun an opponent. Behemoths with Shock include Nayzaga, Shockjaw Nayzaga, Stormclaw, and Drask. Counter: Terra.
- Terra: Equivalent of ground damage in Dauntless, and is a newer element. Offers balance between frost, blaze, and shock. Behemoths with Terra include Skarn, Koshai, and Kharabak. Counter: Shock.
- Radiant: Acts as the opposite end to the Umbral spectrum, and is a newer element. Behemoths with Radiant include Valomyr and Rezakiri. Counter: Umbral.
- Umbral: Acts as the opposite end to the Radiant spectrum, and is a newer element. Behemoths with Umbral include Riftstalker and Shrowd. Counter: Radiant.
With these element types come elemental weaknesses in Dauntless. For example, if you are battling a Riftstalker, using weapons with Umbral can help give you an advantage in battle. Note that some Behemoths are neutral, or lack clear elemental weaknesses. In those instances, it’s recommended that you use your most powerful weapon based on personal preference.
Elemental triangle in Dauntless
Many find the elemental counter system in Dauntless a touch confusing, assuming that it works a rock-paper-scissors style triangle. Older versions of the beta did work on this basis, but since release and the introduction of the Terra Element, the weaknesses are more direct. Each Element type has a corresponding element type pair. The two are weak to each other, working out as follows:
- Blaze and Frost
- Shock and Terra
- Radiant and Umbral
That means Blaze Behemoths are weak to Frost damage, and vice versa. However, when it comes to armor you should match the Behemoth's element type. That means for a Frost Behemoth you want a Blaze weapon and Frost armor. It's a pretty simple system overall, and with only six elements it won't take long for you to learn the counters to each and become a master of elemental weaknesses in Dauntless.
You can also take the Behemoth’s attacks into account, using weapons with Shock elemental damage to stun them if you’re having a hard time getting hits in. To simplify everything, we’ve listed all Behemoths and their elemental weaknesses in Dauntless.
- Charogg: Strength - Blaze, Weakness - Frost
- Firebrand Charogg: Strength - Blaze, Weakness - Frost
- Embermane: Strength - Blaze, Weakness - Frost
- Bloodfire Embermane: Strength - Blaze, Weakness - Frost
- Hellion: Strength - Blaze, Weakness - Frost
- Nayzaga: Strength - Shock, Weakness - Terra
- Shockjaw Nayzaga: Strength - Shock, Weakness - Terra
- Stormclaw: Strength - Shock, Weakness - Terra
- Drask: Strength - Shock, Weakness - Terra
- Skarn: Strength - Terra, Weakness - Shock
- Koshai: Strength - Terra, Weakness - Shock
- Kharabak: Strength - Terra, Weakness - Shock
- Valomyr: Strength - Radiant, Weakness - Umbral
- Rezakiri: Strength - Radiant, Weakness - Umbral
- Riftstalker: Strength - Umbral, Weakness - Radiant
- Shrowd: Strength - Umbral, Weakness - Radiant
- Gnasher: Neutral
- Quillshot: Neutral
- Shrike: Neutral
Now that you know all elemental weaknesses in Dauntless, be sure to check out some of our other guides including how to get Orbs in Dauntless, how to unlock Repeaters in Dauntless, and how to interrupt Behemoths in Dauntless.Load Comments