In Rage 2, you have the ability to unlock a variety of different weapons to use in the wasteland. While a few weapons will be available to you at the beginning of the game, you’ll need to take the time to find others like the BFG 9000 or the Combat Shotgun. Once you find new weapons, other things keep in mind include things like their Alternate Fire mode.
Confused? We’ve got you covered! Below, we’ve put together a complete guide on how to find and unlock all weapons in Rage 2.
How to unlock all weapons in Rage 2
There are 9 different weapons available for use in Rage 2, with 7 of these weapons requiring a bit of legwork in order to unlock. At the beginning of the game, you’ll be given access to weapons like the Sidewinder Revolver and Ranger Assault Rifle. Other weapons are discovered by exploring Ark locations. Struggling to find Arks? We’ve got a guide pinpointing where to find all Arks in Rage 2! Now that you know where to find Arks, read on to find out which Arks will let you unlock weapons in Rage 2.
- Sidewinder Revolver: The Sidewinder Revolver unlocks at the beginning of the game, does not have an Alternate Fire mode. Ranger Assault Rifle: The Ranger Assault Rifle unlocks after you pick it and your armor set up from a fallen Ranger during the prologue, does not have an Alternate Fire mode.
- Combat Shotgun: The Combat Shotgun unlocks as you play through the Rage 2 campaign. When you visit the Trade Town of Gunbarrel, you’ll meet with John Marshall who tasks you with clearing the sewers. In the sewers, you’ll encounter an Ark which contains the Combat Shotgun. Has an Alternate Fire mode that fires a horizontal row of bullets. Can spray bullets when firing from the hip, or hit with individual bullets when aiming down the sights.
- Grav-Dart Launcher: The Grav-Dart Launcher unlocks after you find and explore the Needle Falls Ark in Rage 2. The Grav-Dart Launcher works by literally launching darts (needles) into your opponent and then flings them around. There doesn’t appear to be an Alternate Fire mode to the Grav-Dart Launcher.
- Firestorm Revolver: The Firestorm Revolver unlocks after you find and explore the Dank Catacombs Ark. The Firestorm Revolver works like a handgun that “tags” an enemy and then sets them on fire after you snap your fingers. You can tag multiple enemies and incinerate them at once with your snap. The Alternate Fire mode lets the Firestorm Revolver shoot mines that detonate on contact.
- Smart Rocket Launcher: The Smart Rocket Launcher unlocks after you find and explore the Strongbox Ark. As its name suggests, the Smart Rocket Launcher works by firing individual rockets at clusters of enemies. For the weapon’s Alternate Fire mode, you can lock onto select targets and fire homing missiles at them.
- Hyper-Cannon Railgun: The Hyper-Cannon unlocks after you find and explore the Greenhaven Ark. Note that the Greenhaven Ark is one of the hardest to complete. For more on how to get the Hyper-Cannon, read through our previous guide. The Hyper-Cannon Railgun deals a high amount of damage, and is touted as the best weapon in Rage 2. The Alternate Fire mode lets it fire a beam that obliterates targets.
- BFG 9000: Finally, the BFG 9000 is a weapon available to gamers who pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe or Collector’s Edition of Rage 2. To unlock the BFG 9000, you’ll need to journey to a specific location in Rage 2 outside of Vineland. For a more detailed description of where this weapon can be found, check out our guide on how to get the BFG 9000. The BFG 9000 works by firing a massive beam of energy capable of obliterating anything in its path, it has no Alternate Fire mode.
If you're looking for detailed guides on specific weapons, we've got a breakdown on how to unlock the Hyper-Cannon in Rage 2, and info on how to get the BFG 9000 in Rage 2.
Now that you know how to unlock all weapons in Rage 2, read through some of our previous features including how to unlock all vehicles in Rage 2, where to find the Elon Tusk Secret Bunker location in Rage 2, and how to change your armor in Rage 2.