Following the release of the first DLC character, Joker, to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, players have been curious as to the full moveset list available to him. This makes sense, as Joker first needs to be purchased in order to be unlocked in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
There are two options available if you wish to do this, the Fighter’s Pass for $24.99 that guarantees Joker and future DLC characters, or the Challenger Pack 1 which unlocks Joker, the Persona music tracks, and the Mementos stage.
Wondering whether Joker is worth the purchase in terms of combat viability? Read on to find out what the full moveset list for Joker is in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
Full Moveset List for Joker in Smash Bros. Ultimate
As expected from a DLC character, Joker feels incredibly different in terms of his moveset list and combat style. While you always can play Joker according to your personal style of play, Joker also offers the ability to summon Arsene, the Persona. To do this, players will need to increase the Rebellion Gauge for Joker until he’s able to summon Arsene.
By summoning Arsene, Joker has his special attacks altered, and his overall damage boosted. Examples of changes that occur once Joker has summoned Arsene include his Gun switching from firing single shots to three quick shots. Because Arsene improves many of Joker’s abilities, it’s worth taking the time to fill Joker’s Rebellion Gauge in order to summon Arsene in battle.
To further emphasize this, we’ve listed the full moveset for Joker below, along with how his attacks are modified once Arsene is summoned.
- Grappling Hook: Grappling hook is an “up” special. Using Grappling Hook, Joker is able to grapple to enemies or ledges and hoist himself up to a higher position.
- Grappling Hook - Arsene: Grappling Hook changes into Wings of Redemption after Arsene is summoned, which changes the move to one that launches Joker in the air.
- Eiha: Eiha is a “side” special. Using Eiha, Joker is able to cast a spell. When hit, enemies will take gradual damage over the course of 10 seconds.
- Eiha - Eigaon: Eiha changes after Arsene is summoned, boosting its power and altering its effect. With Arsene summoned, Eiha changes into Eigaon, a spell that explodes when it hits an enemy and sends them flying into the air.
- Rebel’s Guard: Rebel’s Guard is a “down” special. Using Rebel’s Guard, Joker is able to defend himself from half of the damage taken while in the Rebel’s Guard stance.
- Rebel’s Guard - Tetrakarn: Rebel’s Guard changes into Tetrakarn after Arsene is summoned, changing the move into a defensive counter that’s effective against projectiles and melee strikes.
- Gun: Gun is a neutral special. Using Gun, Joker is able to fire a single shot at medium range that’s able to strike multiple enemies for 1% damage. Can be held to fire multiple shots in a row.
- Gun - Arsene: Gun changes to fire three quick shorts after Arsene is summoned.
- Final Smash: Joker’s final smash is “All-Out Attack” which can be used again if Joker misses on his first attempt. Using All-Out Attack, Joker glides forward and slashes at his foe. This launches a barrage of damage from Joker and all of his Phantom Thief friends, dealing massive amounts of damage. Note that Arsene doesn’t appear to alter All-Out Attack.
For more on Joker’s full moveset and what his final smash, All-Out Attack, looks like in battle, be sure to check out the video below courtesy of YouTube user Boss Fight Database!
Now that you know the full moveset list for Joker in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, be sure to check out some of our other guides including all of the confirmed DLC characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, our comprehensive Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tier List, and the three new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo coming out this July!Load Comments