When playing through Hades from Supergiant Games, you have the chance to earn Keepsakes which boost your playing experience. There are a total of 16 different Keepsakes in Hades, each of which can be earned by gifting Ambrosia to different characters and Gods. Wondering how to get all of these Keepsakes and what each one does? We’ve got you covered! Below, we’ve put together a guide on how to get all Keepsakes in Hades!
How to Get All Keepsakes in Hades
As stated above, to get all Keepsakes in Hades, you’ll need to gift Ambrosia to different characters in the game. Ambrosia is represented by a golden vial of liquid and can be earned by entering a chamber with the Ambrosia symbol on the door. By vanquishing all enemies in that area, you’ll earn and retain an Ambrosia gift.
With that gift, you can give it to whichever character you like by interacting with them and selecting “G.” Note that not all characters offer Keepsakes when you give them Ambrosia. For example, Lord Hades will take Ambrosia from Zagreus before scoffing and sending him away empty-handed. This makes sense, though, as the Lord Hades and Zagreus don’t have the best relationship.
To start giving gifts, you can explore the House of Hades and talk to Gods like Hypnos and Nyx. Along with giving gifts to the Gods within the House of Hades, you’ll also want to give gifts to Gods while exploring Tartarus and subsequent levels. This can be done before you accept a Boon. When you run into a Boon, you’ll have the chance to accept it using “E” or give a gift using “G” similar to give gifts in the House of Hades.
By selecting “G” first, you can gift Ambrosia before accepting the Boon from Gods like Ares or Poseidon. The Boon from each God looks different, which should help you avoid gifting the same God over and over again. For example, the Boon from Artemis has a green arrow symbol while the Boon from Zeus is represented by a lightning bolt.
After receiving a Keepsake from a God in Tartarus, you won’t be able to equip it until you either return to the House of Hades upon
When passing between levels, the same Keepsake box will be made available. There are 16 total Keepsakes in Hades, each offering unique effects that Zagreus can use to his advantage while making his way through the Underworld. Below, we’ve put together a list of all Keepsakes, who offers them, and what they do in Hades!
- Eternal Rose (obtained from Aphrodite): Aphrodite’s Boon is the next you will find. Her blessings are stronger.
- Blood-Filled Vial (obtained from Ares): Ares’ Boon is the next you will find. His blessings are stronger.
- Adamant Arrowhead (obtained from Artemis): Artemis’ Boon is the next you will find. Her blessings are stronger.
- Owl Pendant (obtained from Athena): Athena’s Boon is the next you will find. Her blessings are stronger.
- Myrmidon Bracer (obtained from Achilles): Take 20% less damage from the front, but 10% more damage from the back.
- Old Spiked Collar (obtained from Cerberus): You have +25 more health.
- Bone Hourglass (obtained from Charon): Items from the Well of Charon have durations increased by +3 Encounters.
- Harpy Feather Duster (obtained from Dusa): Broken urns have a 2% chance of containing healing items.
- Skull Earring (obtained from Megaera): Deal 140% damage while at 40% health or below.
- Chthonic Coin Purse (obtained from Hypnos): Start your escape attempt with up to 200 Obol from your last attempt.
- Black Shawl (obtained from Nyx): Pass through foes that would otherwise obstruct your path.
- Distant Memory (obtained from Orpheus): Deal up to 120% damage to distant foes.
- Shattered Shackle (obtained from Sisyphus): Rubble falling from damaged pillars deals 500% damage to your foes.
- Conch Shell (obtained from Poseidon): Poseidon’s Boon is the next you will find. His blessings are stronger.
- Lucky Tooth (obtained from Skelly): When you take lethal damage, stay alive with 10 health once.
- Thunder Signet (obtained from Zeus): Zeus’ Boon is the next you will find. His blessings are stronger.
- Chaos Egg (obtained from Primordial Chaos): Enter Blood Gates without losing health. Blessings from Chaos have a 20% chance to be Rare or better.
When it comes to where to find each
For Charon and Sisyphus, you’ll need to visit special shop locations in the Underworld. Charon displays his wares beside him which can be purchased in exchange for Obol, while Sisyphus will offer a special bonus for free simply by interacting with him. For Primordial Chaos, you'll need to find and enter a Blood Gate. Note that you can only equip one Keepsake at a time.
After you unlock all Keepsakes, you can continue giving gifts to Gods in Hades in order to expand their section in the Codex of the Underworld. To view your Codex, hold “C” to open it up, then browse through the different Chthonic Gods, Olympian Gods, and Others of Note to see your conversation status with them.
Now that you know how to earn Keepsakes and what each Keepsake does, what is your favorite Keepsake in Hades? Let us know down in the comments below! For more on Hades, be sure to check out some of our previous guides including how to unlock new weapons in Hades, how to upgrade attributes in Hades, and what happens when you die in Hades.
By reading through this guide, you should now know how to unlock all Keepsakes and what each Keepsake does in Hades.