Earlier, we talked a little bit about what you can expect from Destiny 2’s first mini-expansion as part of their $35 Annual Pass. While smaller than expansions like Forsaken, Black Armory introduces a new character in the form of Ada-1, new Exotic weapons, and new locations. Based on the information available, Ada-1 is an Exo from a lost Golden Age who assigns a new quest line called Lost Forges.
Through this quest line, players will have to reignite various weapon forges located throughout the world of Destiny 2. When talking about the differences between Black Armory and previous Destiny 2 expansions, David “Deej” Dague explained: “Black Armory is not a campaign, it’s a place. It’s a source of new rewards, new forms of power, new mods for weapons, and new armor.”
In Black Armory, there’s a heavy emphasis on weaponry with five new Exotics announced as well as brand new Pinnacle Weapons for players to get their hands on. Alongside new weapons, there will also be new end-game opportunities with Level now capping at 650. Additionally, players have new activities to look forward to including a full Raid that’s set to release on December 7.
With today’s release of Black Armory comes Patch 188.8.131.52. On their blog, Bungie discussed the new patch and listed off patch notes for anyone looking to brush up on the latest Destiny 2 changes. Below, we’ve included the notes for Patch 184.108.40.206. in Destiny 2!
- Tuned Chaos Reach’s deactivation cost so that it consistently retains Super energy from deactivating early.
- Fixed an issue where the overshield granted upon respawning in Crucible would not negate damage right away.
- Increased damage required to destroy Nightstalker Tethers prior to their activation.
- Fixed an issue where the Biotic Enhancements buff would apply too much of a damage multiplier when standing in a Well of Radiance.
- Fixed an issue where Scavenger perks could be used to generate heavy ammo off of teammates who fell to self-inflicted misadventure.
- Fixed an issue where high impact scout rifles were not firing at 150 RPM.
- Fixed an issue where the impact stat bar for Fusion Rifles was not updating when upgrading a charge time masterwork for the weapon.
- Gwisin Vest: Fixed an issue where kills were not required to extend Super uptime. Fixed an issue where Super was not extended after 10 or more kills.
- Chromatic Fire: Fixed an issue where explosions were doing less damage than intended.
- Reduced the amount of ammo gained from the Machine Gun Scavenger perk to bring it in line with other Power weapon scavenger perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Black Armory weapons to sometimes roll two of the same perk. Duplicate perks have been replaced in each weapon's talent grid.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Mountaintop to drop above appropriate power levels for players who do not own Forsaken, making it unequipped unless pulled from collections.
- Fixed an issue that caused Valor Ranks to display different values from what their rank actually was.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong team would sometimes be credited for killing the Ascendant Servitor Primeval.
- Reduced the amount of ammo that Linear Fusion Rifles receive from the Power Ammo crate in Gambit to from 5 to 3 rounds. Sleeper Simulant still only receives 2 rounds.
- Players who die with fewer than 2 rounds of special ammo will now always respawn with 2 rounds, to help alleviate special ammo starvation.
- Fixed an issue where players would be held in a loading screen if another player was inspecting items in inventory.
- Fixed an issue where Protheon, the Modular Mind grew three times larger than intended in Update 2.1.0.
Leviathan & Raid Lairs
- Removed "Normal Mode Completion" requirement for launching Prestige Modes for Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, and Spire of Stars.
- Fixed an issue where Destiny 2 would crash during the
- Fixed an issue where the “Hawthorne’s Heroes” Clan Perk was not providing the proper rewards.
Items & Economy
- The "Hecuba-S" exotic Sparrow no longer requires Annual Pass ownership to reacquire from Collections.
- The "Mimesis Drive" Sparrow now properly requires Annual Pass ownership to reacquire from Collections.
- Shader reacquisition time reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
- Prime Engrams will now appear more frequently for players under 550
power,and provide larger power benefits when decrypted.
- Fixed an issue where the "Harbinger's Echo" sparrow was locked out for players who destroyed dragon eggs across multiple characters.
Seedof Light added to the drop table of the Blind Well Heroic.
- The "Lest Ye Be Judged" Trophy/Achievement can be completed by visiting Xur.
- Fixed an issue where the “Riddle Me This” Triumph was not unlocking properly.
- Fixed an issue where Amanda Holliday had an improper notification waypoint.
- Fixed an issue where Festival of the Lost armor could not be
- Fixed an issue where items could not be
masterworkedif players did not have Enhancement Cores in inventory, even if the masterwork cost did not require cores.
- Fixed an issue where Amanda Holliday’s inventory did not refresh at the proper times.
- When selecting a Last Wish or Scourge of the Past on the Director, players can now delete their current checkpoint before launching the activity.
- Fixed an issue where the Vanguard node on the top-level Director was not displaying active challenges.
For more on Patch 220.127.116.11. be sure to review the patch notes on Bungie's blog. For more on Black Armory, check out the mini-expansion's page on the Destiny 2 website. What do you think of the changes made through Patch 18.104.22.168. and the release of Black Armory in Destiny 2? Are you excited to complete new quests, or do you have your sights set on new Exotic weapons? Let us know in the comments below!Load Comments