Red Dead Redemption 2 offers to chance to live life as an outlaw, robbing banks and looking out for you and your own above all else. A few players of Rockstar’s latest have taken this ethos a step further however, discovering a glitch in the game that lets Arthur take juuust a little more than intended. The gold bar glitch gives the player the chance to nick as many gold bars as they like in a single session, collecting as much as $15,000 in a single haul.
Fair warning here: This is entirely an exploit that we fully expect the developers to fix in short order. This isn’t the way Red Dead Redemption 2 was intended to be played and could ruin the pace of the game for you by granting far more cash than you ought to have at your current stage. That said, if you’re up for some illicit earnings and don’t mind damaging the authentic experience (and potentially your save file), this article will teach you how to pull off the gold bar glitch in Red Dead Redemption 2.
How to use the gold bar glitch in Red Dead Redemption 2
To activate the gold bar glitch, you need to find a treasure chest with a gold bar inside and save the game. We’ve got the location of a good spot to loot, but it’s important that you disable autosaves before following the steps below. Credit for this version of the glitch goes to Reddit user MagnusTS.
- Travel to the destroyed town of Limpany. You’ll find it north of Flatneck Station and to the west of the Dakota River.
- Enter the Sheriff’s Office and look for the locked chest under the desk. Open it but do not remove the gold bar.
- Walk backwards from the box until you’re at the edge of the range at which the option to pick up the gold bar is still on the bottom right of the screen.
- Save the game, then load your manual save.
- Travel back to the Sheriff’s office and take the gold bar. The one in the box shouldn’t disappear if you done it correctly.
- You can now pick up as many gold bars as you can carry for $500 a pop. A full backpack of 30 bars will earn you $15,000.
You can repeat this process as many times as you like, but it will break the game’s economic systems even further. Rockstar will no doubt patch this glitch very soon, so you’ll need to try it quickly if you want to give it a go.
If you’re interested in more legitimate advice for your Red Dead Redemption 2 adventures, why not check out some of our other guides? We can teach you how to make poisoned arrows, where to find the best horse, or even how to get perfect pelts and hides while hunting.Load Comments