The first Content Update for Season 6 in Fortnite has officially released. Included in the v6.01 patch are a variety of interesting additions, most notably a new trap known as Chiller. According to information found in the patch notes, this Common rarity trap can be set up walls, floors, or ceilings in the game’s Battle Royale mode.
Should you, or an enemy, activate the trap, a modifier called “icy feet” will apply. The outcome of this modifier is rather comical, as your character’s friction is removed, causing them to slide across the ground (like those ice puzzles found in early Pokemon games). In addition to the Chiller trap, new customization options including starting health and gravity have been added to the game’s Playground Mode.
For more on the v6.01 update in Fortnite, be sure to review the summarized patch notes below!
Fortnite v6.01 Patch Notes
- Chiller (Battle Royale): Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings. Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot. Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Playground Custom Options (Battle Royale): More options have been added for you to play around with. Tweak starting health, gravity, and more! Lead Sled Hammer (Save the World): Knock those Husks into the ground with this new weapon.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
Audio, UI, and Mobile
- Adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items on mobile.
Save the World
- Fixed an issue where Keep Out!!!’s damage area was smaller than intended.
- Lead Sled Hammer added to the Weekly Store. Available Wednesday, October 3 at 8 p.m. (EST) until Wednesday, October 10 at 8 p.m. (EST).
- Obliterator Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store. Available Wednesday, October 3 at 8 p.m. (EST) until Wednesday, October 10 at 8 p.m. (EST).
- Fixed an issue where the Walloper Hammer sometimes wouldn’t do damage while using the Leap Attack.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hitch while using the Leap Attack with the Walloper Hammer
. Elemental visual effects on weapons are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
What do you think of the changes and additions made in the latest Content Update for Fortnite? Are you excited to try out the new Chiller trap, or are you more interested in the two new additions to save the world, the Lead Sled Hammer and Obliterator Sniper Rifle? Let us know down in the comments below!Load Comments