In Destiny 2: Forsaken, the first available raid is known as “Last Wish” and is notable for being one of the hardest Destiny raids to complete. Last Wish takes place shortly after the Destiny 2: Forsaken campaign ending. In the raid, Guardians have to enter the Dreaming City and defeat Ahamkara.
Of course, doing this is a lot harder than it sounds. To truly master the Last Wish raid, you’ll need to set aside plenty of time and come prepared. To prepare, you can use Engrams to level up, and take advantage of the Wall of Wishes to unlock new Emblem. In the Last Wish raid, encounters appear in the following order:
- Kalli, the Corrupted
- Shuro Chi, the Corrupted
Morgeth, the Spirekeeper
- The Vault
- Riven of a Thousand Voices
- Riven’s Heart
Once you’re fully prepared to dive into the grueling process that is the Last Wish raid, we have a few tips on hand that’ll help you defeat it as easily as possible.
Guide to the Last Wish Raid in Destiny 2: Forsaken
To have the best chance at defeating the Last Wish raid in Destiny 2: Forsaken, we recommend you have a Power Level of at least 560. While you can still attempt the Last Wish raid at a lower Power Level, it’ll be a lot more challenging and frustrating. What’s more, each subsequent encounter in the Last Wish raid raises the required Power Level by 5, with the final encounter requiring a Power Level of at least 580.
What Classes to Use in the Last Wish Raid
In addition to the recommended Power Level, players have been curious as to which classes and team compositions to use when approaching the Last Wish raid. When comparing all Destiny 2 classes, we recommend using a Nightstalker coupled with Tether to generate Orbs of Light and provide mob control.
Meanwhile, a Dawnblade Warlock coupled with Well of Radiance can provide a crucial
What Weapons to Use in the Last Wish Raid
With your classes and team composition selected, there are a variety of weapons that are viable for use in the Last Wish raid. On the surface, most of this boils down to comfort level.
If you’re better one weapon
Meanwhile, weapons like the Ikelos Shotgun can occupy your Energy slot thanks to its high DPS (though the Badlander is equally as viable). For Kinetic, Midnight Coup is preferable, and for a Year 2 weapon, a Go Figure with strong rolls such as Outlaw or Rampage can be used.
Symbol Callouts in the Last Wish Raid
In the Last Wish raid, there are 16 total symbol callouts to pay attention to. If you’re having a hard time deciphering one or more of these symbol callouts, you can reference the following symbol callout image courtesy of Shacknews.
How to Defeat Kalli, the Corrupted in the Last Wish Raid
The recommended Power Level to take on Kalli, the Corrupted in the Last Wish raid is 560. As the first boss encounter in the Last Wish raid, Kalli is the easiest to defeat in comparison to the other bosses in the Last Wish raid. Of course, just because Kalli is easy when compared to the other bosses in the Last Wish raid doesn’t mean this is an “easy” boss. To defeat Kalli, the Corrupted, you’ll want to keep the following steps in mind:
- Take note of the 6 snake symbols located in the middle sunken arena.
- Locate plates around the room that match these 6 snake symbols.
- Stand on these plates until a Knight spawns, then kill the Knight.
- Group up in the center and begin dealing damage to Kalli, the Corrupted.
- Hide in the nearby safe rooms to avoid wiping, leave them to deal damage, then repeat until the next phase begins.
- Repeat the steps above.
How to Defeat Shuro Chi, the Corrupted in the Last Wish Raid
The recommended Power Level to take on Shuro Chi, the Corrupted in the Last Wish raid is 565. The fight against Shuro spans 4-minute intervals during which players will need to solve the puzzle room at the end of the 4-minute timer. Fail to solve the puzzle, and you’ll wipe. After completing each puzzle room, the 4-minute timer will reset. To defeat Shuro Chi, the Corrupted, you’ll want to keep the following steps in mind:
- Clear adds and approach Shuro Chi, the Corrupted.
- Assign one player to collect the Eye of Riven.
- Pick up a Prism Weapon, jump on a plate, and shoot to the right to form a triangle, thereby removing Shuro’s shield.
- Damage Shuro until one section of health is removed. Then, have the player with the Eye of Riven use the Super to interrupt Shuro’s team-wipe attack.
- Enter the next puzzle room, two players clear adds.
- Four players stand on requisite buttons to complete the image, then do the next two in the sequence.
- Jump up the rotating half-spheres to the next level.
How to Defeat
Morgeth, the Spirekeeper in the Last Wish Raid
The recommended Power Level to take on
- Collect Taken Strength that spawns around the map.
- Kill Eye of
- Cleans anyone who gets locked down by
- Collect last Taken Strength located in front of
- Collect Taken Essence from Eye of Riven.
- Deal damage to
Morgeth’swipe mechanic with Taken Essence Super.
How to Defeat the Vault in the Last Wish Raid
The fourth encounter in the Last Wish raid isn’t a boss encounter, but the Vault. The recommended Power Level to take on the Vault in the Last Wish raid is 575. The main goal here is to open the Vault by removing duplicate symbols using the correct Taken Essence within a 3-minute time frame. To defeat the Vault, you’ll want to keep the following steps in mind:
- Stand on locks.
- Call out duplicate symbols.
- Kill Eye of Riven.
- Collect Taken Essence, confirm status: Penumbra or Antumbra.
- Use Taken Essense to cleans lock with the correct duplicate symbol.
How to Defeat Riven of a Thousand Voices in the Last Wish Raid
The recommended Power Level to take on Riven of a Thousand Voices in the Last Wish raid is 580. For this encounter, players will need to remember to communicate clearly and survive throughout the fight. Note that the primary goal is to cleanse symbols and shoot Riven’s correct eyes in order to destroy her weak points and get to her heart. To defeat Riven of a Thousand Voices, you’ll want to keep the following steps in mind:
- Collect Taken Essence and call out the symbol.
- Direct Taken Essence holder to correct symbol to cleanse it.
- Deal damage to Riven’s mouth or tentacle.
- Call out which of Riven’s eyes are glowing.
- Deal damage to Riven’s mouth and shoot the correct eyes.
- Go up the lift to the next floor and repeat.
- Go up the lift in the center of the main floor.
- Clear enemies and damage Riven, note the glowing eyes.
- Deal damage to Riven’s mouth and shoot correct eyes.
- Stand on plates and shoot Riven’s weak points while descending.
- Repeat until last 10% of health.
- Find the path to the top and touch light.
- Deal damage to Riven’s mouth.
- Run into Riven’s mouth and destroy her heart.
How to Complete the Riven’s Heart Encounter in the Last Wish Raid
While this next step is part of the Riven encounter, it’s particularly challenging. What’s more, it has its own checkpoint, raid banner point, and requirements. Here, you’ll need to take Riven’s heart back to the room before the Vault, all while standing in beams of light in another realm to keep the heart pumping. To defeat the Riven’s Heart encounter, you’ll want to keep the following steps in mind:
- 1) Choose a player to pick up the heart while everyone else remains within the area-of-effect.
- 2) After 15 seconds, the player will die and be taken to another realm.
- 3) Choose another player to pick up the heart and continue.
- 4) Have the chosen player count down the timer.
Playerin the other realm collects the light when the timer gets low.
Chosenplayer continues until they die.
- 7) The next chosen player picks up the heart and continues.
- 8) The process repeats until the heart reaches the offering plate.
The Last Wish raid is one of the longest, hardest raids in Destiny history. While there are certainly incentives to complete the Last Wish raid, Guardians will need to come prepared and devise a strategy for each encounter in the Last Wish raid. Note that we’ll continue to update this guide with more information.
In the meantime, what do you think of the Last Wish raid? How far have you gotten? Let us know down in the comments below! For more on Destiny 2: Forsaken, be sure to check out some of our previous guides including how to enter the Shattered Throne in Destiny 2: Forsaken, where to find Toland in Destiny 2: Forsaken, and how to get Prime Engrams in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
By reading through this guide, you should now know how to complete the Last Wish raid in Destiny 2: Forsaken.