Mojang has finally rolled out the full Update Aquatic across all versions of the game, apart from PlayStation 4. As the name suggests, this major expansion dramatically expands the game's underwater features with dozens of new block types, mobs, enchantments and other additions.
Among the notable new features are:
- New coral blocks, kelp, seagrass and other underwater flora.
- Bubble columns, going up or down, created by magma or soul sand.
- Dolphins, turtles, cod, salmon, pufferfish and thousands of tropical fish.
- The Drowned - a new underwater zombie type.
- New generated structures including shipwrecks, underwater temples, icebergs and buried treasure troves.
- Watery areas will have their own sub-biomes depending on whether it is cold, warm or hot.
- A new trident weapon.
Mojang started laying the groundwork for this update back in May, but it has now rolled out with all the new features across the Windows 10, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of the game. The mobile and VR editions have also received the update. There's no word on when it will hit PS4, and Mojang has already announced that this will be the last major update for legacy versions of Minecraft - those on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
You can find out more details on everything featured in this huge free expansion over at Minecraft's official site, where you can also get more info on the Coral Crafters Initiative, Mojang's new charity endeavor to save the real world's endangered reefs.Load Comments