The Call of Duty: World War 2 beta wrapped up its first weekend and is receiving generally positive reviews from the community. This is still a beta however, which leaves plenty of bugs to be discovered and a few weapons and skills in need of further refinement. Fortunately, Sledgehammer is on the case. Michael Condrey made a Reddit post today to describe some of the changes the team is working on after the first weekend of the COD: WW2 beta. While we do not know how many of these changes will be done in time for next weekend’s edition of the beta, the weapon balancing seems to be aiming for the launch of COD: WW2 on November 3rd.
Below is Michael Condrey's full post:
The first weekend of the WWII Private MP Beta on PS4 has come to an end. Your support these last few days has been been incredible and extremely helpful; we really cannot stress this enough. Thank you to everyone. We have a healthy dialogue going with the community, and we want to keep it that way. As we gear up for Weekend 2, we wanted to share with you some more key items we are working on:
• It has come to our attention that some users are seeing an incorrect error message saying servers are down when they are not.
• We have identified a rare bug where users are seeing a false message about players being kicked from their parties. We have identified and fixed the issue.
• We are aware of a bug that prompts you to “Unlock and Equip” an item, but it only unlocks the item and does not equip. We are working on fixing this. (It’s annoying to us too)
• Some of the battle chatter and hit marker audio still requires some fine tuning. Specifically, the NPC call outs of enemy positions need some addressing.
• There is a bug that is causing some party members to lose connection with the lobby host.
Also, there are a number of features and adjustments that we are still working to optimize for launch, as well as some things we want to test further based on your feedback. These include:
• Adjusting Dom kills to 100pts, from 50.
• Increasing TDM end match score to 100.
• Hit feedback improvements, including better audio and more obvious headshot indicator
• Reducing Molotov to x1 per Scorestreak.
• Sprint out to ADS time refinement.
• Incendiary Shells as default off, and perhaps need to be nerfed.
• Paratrooper strength / cost balancing.
• Recon Aircraft too vulnerable to rifle damage.
• Color Blind support option.
• Bumper Jumper and other key controller configs.
These items aren’t final, but your feedback will help us greatly as we continue to test. There is a lot more on our radar than the things noted above, and we will continue to dig into your feedback in the week ahead. Stay tuned for more updates and perhaps a few surprises, and thank you again for your continued support and encouragement during our Beta testing process.
Welcome to the Bloody First!
The TDM match increase will be a welcomed change, as every match now is around 6 minutes. Hit feedback improvements are always welcome, as is the reduced sprint out time for the jetpackers among us. Quality of life adjustments like color blind mode and controller configurations should be expected in every game, but it is nice to see Condrey confirm them for launch.
Study up on your Divisions for next weekend’s Call of Duty: World War 2 Beta.