After the recent troubles surrounding internal PlayerUnknown’s Battleground builds, and the weekly and monthly updates being delayed, it’s good to hear that things are back on track. PUBG will be receiving its Week 20 Update this week, with the update hitting the test server on August 9th, and provided everything works well, the main server on Thursday.
While this update is small, it does address some major optimization issues and bugs. Below is what was posted on the Steam Community Page:
PUBG Week 20 Update
- Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU
- Optimized UI
- Decreased motorbike engine and vehicle skid sound volumes
- Improved character animation when using throwables while prone
- Fixed a bug that occasionally disabled voice chat on the Starting Island
- Fixed a bug that caused your character to stand before crouching when revived
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rebinding Unarm to an alternate key
- You can now see the mark from the character you are spectating on both the Mini Map and World Map
- Fixed a visual bug with the scope while a character you are spectating is prone on a hill
- Fixed a bug caused by changing "Graphics" - "Quality" - "Effects" from Settings
- Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel
The Client Optimization is especially great to hear, given the fact I’ve recently upgraded my rig to a Ryzen 7 for Destiny 2, a CPU that is all about those multi-core processes. Among some bug fixes, being able to see your ally’s marker on the mini map when spectating them is going to help with callouts when downed. Overall, though small, there are some nice changes in bound.