Sledgehammer Games hosted a panel today at San Diego's Comic-con, where they revealed their third mode for Call of Duty: WWII, simply named Nazi Zombies. Nazi Zombies will be unlike anything we've seen before in the Call of Duty zombies universe. The mode will keep its classic gameplay mechanics, but with a Sledgehammer Games twist.
The twist likely stems from Sledgehammer Games' previous game series, Dead Space. Dead Space was a classic for horror fans, relying on a strong storyline, atmospheric music and jump scares to create an immersive horror experience. After seeing the trailer for Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies, it does seem that they will be going down that route, which is perfectly fine with us.
The official description of the zombies mode reads:
"Sledgehammer Games delivers an original and terrifying new co-op survival experience in Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies. Players will embark on a chilling and mysterious journey through a snowy Bavarian village in Mittelburg, Germany, as they attempt to recover priceless works of art stolen by the Axis powers in World War II. This village holds a shadowy secret key to an unimaginable and monstrous power. Nothing is as it seems in this zombies horror, as a dark and sinister plot unfolds to unleash an invincible Nazi army of the dead."
In addition to the trailer and official description of the mode, Sledgehammer Games also allowed the developers and cast members to answer questions from the audience during the panel. Here's the key details on what we know so far:
- The back story for the mode is based on a real story of finding stolen art during World War II. Men and women risked their lives to save works of art.
- The official name of the map has not yet been announced, but leaks suggest it will be called Army Of The Dead.
- Perks and Mystery Box will return.
- WWII Zombies is not connected to any other Call of Duty Zombies game.
- Marie Fisher became a spy for the US and ended up having to look for her brother Klaus. Their father was a weapons maker.
- The Doctor created the devil himself.
- The map features the hardest Easter Egg from any zombies map made previously, from any Call of Duty developer.
- Each character has a rich backstory for how they got in their situation.
We also got the official bio of the four playable characters in Nazi Zombies:
- Jefferson Potts (played by Ving Rhames) – Strong, assured, and educated, Jefferson has both the military and academic prowess the MFAA need.
- Olivia Durant (played by Elodie Yung) – A former art historian of the Musée du Louvre and weapons expert, she is an extremely savvy and capable member of the team.
- Drostan Hynd (played by David Tennant) – A former art thief, this brash and rough character was given a choice: go to jail, or help reclaim stolen art.
- Marie Fischer (played by Katheryn Winnick) – A brilliant engineer and tactician, Marie attempts to help salvage stolen treasures and rescue her brother, Klaus.
Call of Duty: WWII releases on Novemeber 3rd for PS4, Xbox One and PC.Load Comments