Friday the 13th: The Game has received a patch for its PlayStation 4 version in the form of Update 1.04. This patch seeks to address some of the issues that have been clouding the title since its launch on the PlayStation 4 on May 26th, 2017.
Fans of the game have suffered through numerous problems with matchmaking, often waiting lengthy periods of time before a match can be found. Over on the Friday the 13th: The Game’s Facebook page, the developer, Gun Media, has released a statement as well as patch notes for what is in Update 1.04.
Addressing the improvements to matchmaking, Gun Media stated that they wanted to reiterate “very strongly” that, “matchmaking fixes are always an on-going process. Testing showed around a 4x-6x improvement in matchmaking speed; though we'll continue to monitor in the live environment.” This means that players should be able to find a match significantly faster than what they were previously.
The Patch Notes for Update 1.04 were included in the post as well:
- Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match-make.
- Added a Random option in the lobby.
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.
- Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
- Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn't reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
- Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
- Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
- Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
- Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
- Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
- Fixed Jason's mask floating when knocked off.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixed some host specific crashes.
- Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
- Fixes for DLC
Gun Media also made mention of the Xbox One’s update being currently in a testing phase with the internal team and that it will soon be delivered to Microsoft. Back on the PlayStation side, backers of the game who selected to have the Savini-Jason DLC should find it now available, with the Clothing Packs releasing later on in the day.
Read: All Counselor Stats
Now that Update 1.04 for Friday the 13th: The Game is live, players should be able to dive back into the role of a Counselor or Jason with relative ease. Hopefully now it’s not as difficult to find a game as it is to kill Jason.Load Comments