In Vampyr, working to unlock all 9 medicines is crucial. By failing to unlock all 9 medicines, you’ll find that some of the game’s can’t be cured. Without a cure, their condition will deteriorate and the region’s stability will lower, causing sickness to spread.
To prevent this, you’ll need to take some time out from investigating your vampirism to cure NPCs by crafting medicine. Having trouble unlocking medicine? We’ve got you covered. Below, you’ll find a quick guide on how to unlock all 9 medicines in Vampyr!
How to Unlock All 9 Medicines in Vampyr
The first step in unlocking all 9 medicines in Vampyr you’ll first need to know how to cure NPCs. NPCs that need cures will have yellow markers. To cure them, you’ll need to craft the correct treatment for their ailment. Then, find them and interact with them.
Press [R1] to offer your crafted cure to the NPC. Upon taking the cure, the NPC will enter a “recovering” state. Some medicines are easier to unlock and craft than others, and are separated by tiers. Below, we’ve listed all 9 medicines, their tiers, and what you need to craft them.
Tier 1 Medicines
Tier 1 medicines automatically unlock at the beginning of Vampyr, meaning you can craft them right away if you have the right ingredients. Tier 1 medicines in Vampyr include the following...
- Treatment for Fatigue: (1) Glass vial, (1) Quinine, (2) Ferrous tartrate, (2) sodium hypochlorite solution
- Treatment for Anemia: (1) Glass vial, (2) Quinine, (8) Ferrous tartrate, (8) sodium hypochlorite solution
- Treatment for Sepsis: (1) Glass vial, (4) Quinine, (15) Ferrous tartrate, (15) sodium hypochlorite solution
Tier 2 Medicines
To unlock tier 2 medicines in Vampyr, you’ll need to complete a supply run mission. At the beginning of Chapter 2, meet with Nurse Crane in Pembroke Hospital. She’ll send you out to collect supplies in the old morgue basement.
After fighting the Skal boss, head to the back-right corner of the boss room and you’ll find a container. This container includes a recipe which you can use at your work bench to unlock tier 2 medicines. Tier 2 medicines in Vampyr include the following...
- Treatment for Cold: (1) Glass vial, (1) Clove essence, (2) Codeine, (2) Potassium permanganate
- Treatment for Bronchitis: (1) Glass vial, (2) Clove essence, (8) Codeine, (8) Potassium permanganate
- Treatment for Pneumonia: (1) Glass vial, (4) Clove essence, (15) Codeine, (15) Potassium permanganate
Tier 3 Medicines
To unlock tier 3 medicines in Vampyr, you’ll need to complete a side quest. In Chapter 2 of Vampyr, when you reach Whitechapel, be sure to talk to Father Tobias Whitaker on the church steps. By interacting with him, he’ll send you out to Stonebridge Cemetery.
Outside the cemetery gates from the Old Whitechapel Road entrance, there’s a crater to the right with a corpse. Search this corpse for the tier 3 medicine recipe. Tier 3 medicines in Vampyr include the following...
- Treatment for Headache: (1) Glass vial, (1) Salicin, (2) Ergotamine, (2) Opium
- Treatment for Migraine: (1) Glass vial, (2) Salicin, (8) Ergotamine, (8) Opium
- Treatment for Neuralgia: (1) Glass vial, (4) Salicin, (15) Ergotamine, (15) Opium
By keeping a vigilant eye on citizens in Vampyr, you’ll be able to know which ones need medicine and which medicines they need. Have you cured any NPCs lately? If so, what medicine did you use last? Let us know down in the comments below! For more on Vampyr, be sure to check out our complete guide to all lore document locations.
By reading through this guide, you should now know how to unlock and craft all 9 medicines in Vampyr.