Hollow Knight: Lifeblood, a free update to the excellent metroidvania title has released today.
The update has launched for Windows, Mac and Linux users and bring a number of refining tweaks to the game along with new content and modes.
The biggest addition comes in the form of a brand new boss, with one of the game’s original bosses also receiving a ‘serious’ upgrade. Other new additions include custom Map Markers, new options in the Extras menu and the option to play in Japanese. Here's the full list of updates from Team Cherry’s site:
- A brand new boss with a new music track by Chris Larkin!
- One boss has been seriously upgraded. A true challenge awaits!
- Custom Map Markers are here! Cartographers rejoice!
- Extras added to the Extras menu!
- Numerous game balances and tweaks
- Now playable in Japanese
- Various bug fixes
- Additional sound effects and voices
- Optimisations and performance enhancements
The update should arrive automatically for players who purchased the game on Steam of Good Old Games.