PUBG's next big update will add the ability to spectate players after death as well as improving car physics.
In the endless cycle of Fortnite copying PUBG and vice versa, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will allow you to spectate your killer after death. The feature has been a welcome inclusion in Fortnite for some time, and should give players an incentive to stick around in games of PUBG to find out who wins after they're gunned down. The feature was included in the closed test of Savage island and is also available on the standard test server.
If you're unfortunate enough to die from the blue playzone or by running yourself over, you'll still be able to spectate, instead jumping to the nearest player to you. It's worth noting that when playing in duos or squads, much like with the death cam you'll be unable to spectate opponents until your full team has died.
There's a full suite of changes coming in Update 9, including further fixes to vehicle physics that should hopefully mark an end to cars and motorbikes suddenly flipping out for no reason. The patch includes some changes specific to the 4x4 Savage map, including a key adjustment that makes the first blue zone circle appear on the map during the plane's flight path.
If you want to get yourself properly prepared for Savage, check out our drop locations guide.
Here are the full notes for the patch:
Update #9 patch notes:
Spectating Your Killer
- Players can now spectate their killer by clicking the watch button on their match result screen
- If you get killed by the Blue Zone, the Red Zone or from falling, you can spectate the nearest player from your death location
- When the player you were spectating dies, you can continue spectating the killer of that player
- If the player you were spectating gets disconnected, you can continue spectating their killer
- Duo / Squad killer spectating - Same as above but can only spectate the enemy team after all your team members are dead
- You can report a player you are spectating in Killer Spectate mode by pressing R
- If you click Death Cam, you won't be able to use the Killer Spectate mode.
- The default setting for voice chat changed to "Team Only"
- Fixed a bug where vehicles suddenly flip, go flying or come back to the starting point while driving
- Fixed a bug where the IGN of your killer was not shown when viewing Death Cam
- Adjusted the rotation axis for the preview model in customization menu for better usability
4x4 Map Notes:
- Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
- The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
- Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
- Red zone frequency has been lowered
- There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
- Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often. Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.