The latest Fortnite Battle Royale State of Development blog post outlines various changes coming to the popular PvP game mode. The upcoming changes include an inventory revamp, a new post-match stat screen, a limited time game mode, and a map update that adds a new city POI. Epic Games also plans to address team killing, which has been an ongoing issue since Fortnite’s early access launch.
Here are some of the changes mentioned in the latest Fortnite Battle Royale State of Development update:
- Team Killing: Epic hopes to improve the in-game reporting system to make it more user-friendly in order to identify team killers in Battle Royale more effectively. Epic also mentions their hopes to implement some sort of reputation system to give players the ability to pair with other players in good standing.
- New City POI Map Update: One of the most exciting changes coming to Fortnite Battle Royale is the addition of a new city point-of-interest (POI) for the map. While this new map location hasn’t been fully fleshed out yet, Epic does have a few buildings and assets ready to go for the POI, which you can see in the city image above.
- Limited Time Modes: Epic plans to introduce limited time game modes to Battle Royale, which are temporary experiences with special conditions that offer a new way to play the game. These limited time modes also allow the developers to experiment with new features.
- Post-Match Stats: For those who want to see how well they’ve performed after a Battle Royale match, Epic is adding a new post-match stat screen that will do just that. The stat screen will include personal player stats for assists, eliminations, revives, distance traveled, and a number of other stat details.
- New Shooting Model: A new shooting model is being implemented in Fortnite Battle Royale with the hopes of removing random bullet spread while aiming down sights. A test client will go live for players to try out the new shooting model and provide feedback.
- Inventory Revamp: Most players agree that the current inventory menu in Fortnite Battle Royale is a bit clunky and cumbersome. To fix this, Epic is reworking the inventory interface for a cleaner appearance and better manageability.
You can read the full list of changes planned for Fortnite Battle Royale on the latest State of Development V3 news post. Epic has been hard at work adding new content to Battle Royale, with the new Bush consumable and Smoke Grenades among the recent major additions.Load Comments