A new update is hitting PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, bringing with it several changes, additions, and fixes. The update was announced today and included a section explaining the new crate and key system. Essentially, players will be limited in the number of crates they can receive each week with crate prices being reset each Monday.
The limit is currently set to 6 crates per week, and players have the ability to trade them on the Steam Marketplace. The 2 free-to-open crates being added into the game are the Survivor Crate and the Wanderer Crate. You can check out the full contents of each crate by reading the full dev blog over on Steam.
As for the Month 4 update, it will be pushed to the Public Test Server today, August 1st. Below, you’ll find the full patch notes for the latest Month 4 update in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds - Month 4 Update
- Optimized fences, doors, and windows.
- Optimized vehicle physics.
- Optimized memory usage for world objects.
- Optimized terrain rendering.
- Optimized vehicle physics.
- Optimized User Interface.
- Added new weapon Mk14 EBR. Mk14 EBR is a Designated Marksman Rifle that can only be obtained from Care Packages. This weapon is chambered for 7.62mm and sniper rifle attachments.
- Added two new face presets and hairstyles to character customization for both genders.
- Added 1st Person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes.
- Players who choose 1st Person mode will be matched together.
- Character view is set to 3rd Person mode in starting airplane and during free fall from the airplane. This will be set to 1st Person only in a future update.
- Camera will stay still while looting items to prevent dizziness.
- Added a new feature to report players. Some people killed knocked-out teammates in order to avoid giving kill count to an opponent who knocked them down. Now the kill count will still go to the opponent in this specific case.
- Added new animation when using different consumables.
- Improved camera transition when disabling Free look feature (Alt Key).
- Decreased the reload time of VSS. Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game.
- You may now play with Xbox controllers, and we will continue to make improvements with Xbox controllers.
- Sound volume difference from inside and outside of building is more obvious.
- Added new sound effect while scoping or aiming weapon.
- Added new effects when a character is running or sprinting over different types of surfaces.
- Improved character animation without any weapon or with melee weapon.
- Added slight delay when using the drag-and-drop feature on items in inventory UI.
- We implemented this delay to provide a fair gameplay environment to all players.
- Improved post-process effect when a character takes damage outside of the blue circle.
Items and Vehicles
- Added a lower rail attachment slot to SKS.
- You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver's seat with Left Mouse Click.
- Decreased the chance of vehicle explosion after the vehicle gets stuck in objects.
- Vehicle driving sound will change slightly in FPP and TPP modes.
- Added new sound effects for motorcycle tire screech while driving.
- Eliminated firing delay of S1897 from pump action after reload.
- Improved effects of boats.
- Added spark effect to flat tires.
- Reduced cast time of First Aid Kit / Painkiller to 6 seconds.
- Reduced cast time of Med Kit / Adrenaline Syringe to 8 seconds.
- Added more features and hot keys to the Options Menu.
- Added new option for V-Sync.
- You may now designate a maximum of two different keys for each key bind.
- Added new option to set toggle on certain actions and features.
- You may now use Mouse wheel up/down as one of your key binds.
- Added new keybinds, such as all mute (Ctrl+M) and switching Voice Channel (Ctrl+Y), and a new option to adjust the volume of voice chat.
- Added new keybinds to use specific throwables.
- Added Colorblind Mode.
- Added an FOV slider for 1st person view.
- Added some region names to the mini map.
- Added new option to display helmet, vest, and backpack equipped on HUD UI. This HUD UI will be updated further in the future.
- Added new option to display all equipped weapons on the right side of the screen. This UI will be updated further in the future.
- Partially fixed client crash issues.
- Fixed an issue of weapons sporadically ceasing to fire despite being set to auto firing mode.
- You may not use consumables in vehicles underwater.
- Fixed bugs below while spectating another character.
- A character appeared to be shaking when the character moves around.
- Camera swing when a character scopes while walking.
- Camera swing when a character peeks left or right while scoping.
- A character appeared to be shaking when the player moves his mouse while scoping in Prone.
- Characters farther than 500m away from a vehicle will no longer hear the tire screech sound.
- Fixed post-process bug underwater in FPP mode.
- Fixed an issue of the reloading sound getting played repetitively after dropping a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed the probability of getting rainy weather to previous value.
- Fixed a bug where a character could not equip attachment with full inventory.
- Fixed a bug where weapons would continue to play looped reload animation even after canceling the reload.
- Fixed a bug where a character could see through the other side of wall when scoping or crouching against certain walls.
- Fixed a bug where a character sitting on objects inside of certain buildings could see through ceilings and walls.
- Fixed sporadic issue of disabling in-game UI.
- Eliminated bombing outside of Red Zone.
There you have it, the full patch notes for the Month 4 update in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. What changes or additions are you most excited for? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
By reading this feature, you should now know the full patch notes for the Month 4 update in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.Load Comments