PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds players can look forward to improved UI performance and various bug fixes later this week. Assuming everything works out on the test server, the Week 16 Early Access Patch will deploy on the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds live servers this Thursday, July 13th.
This week’s patch focuses mainly on UI bug fixes and airplane optimization. One notable fix will address an inventory display issue when playing in 4:3 resolution. It’s also a relief to know that players who get knocked out while zooming in with a scope no longer have to worry about staying zoomed in upon being revived by a teammate. Other fixes include optimizations for airplanes, changes to the spectator screen color, and adjustments to the HUD UI when swapping weapons.
Early Access – Week 16 - Patch Notes
Here is a complete list of the Early Access Week 16 Patch Notes for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds:
- Optimized Care Package airplane
- Improved UI performance
- Fixed an issue where the starting airplane became immobile in sky at the very start of a round
- Fixed inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution
- You can always spectate your teammate's screen in color now
- You can no longer fire weapons in a vehicle from underwater
- Fixed an issue when you could not pick up mags from some areas of the lobby (starting island)
- You no longer have to press the F key to pass through doors destroyed by grenades or Red Zone bombs
- Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won't be zooming in when revived
- Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically
- Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open
It’s nice to have these weekly updates to address issues throughout PUBG’s development process, but ultimately it’s the monthly update where significant changes are made. We’ll be sure to cover the July monthly update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as soon as it’s announced, so be sure to check back here for details.