Friday the 13th: The Game has received its first new update, adding in waves of new content. This comes after the game got off to a bumpy start with server issues and minor bugs. Taking the community feedback into consideration, developer Illfonic wanted to remedy the situation with a substantial update.
“We want to make note that you’re being heard and updates will continually be rolling in. We have a lot planned to continue this trend, but we hope this first one will be interesting to you as we move towards more and more for this game,” the studio commented.
“Our thanks to the community for their support, their feedback, their concern, and their suggestions. This has been a rocky release, to be frank. Our team is looking forward to the future to get more releases, more content, more updates rolling at a quick pace, and we hope you enjoy!”
The update features additions such as a “retro” model for Jason, two new costumes for each Counselor, as well as 13,000 Customization Points for all players. In addition, a double XP weekend will be taking place starting this Friday, June 23rd. To view all changes made in the latest update, be sure to read through the patch notes down below.
- Steam matchmaking searches longer for lower pinged games.
- Various minor matchmaking optimizations made.
- Lobby countdown timer closes menus at the 3 second mark instead of when it starts.
- Warning beeps can now be heard from sub-menus.
- Added lots more environmental kill locations to all of the maps.
- Leaving a match while a party leader now prompts you to disband or take the party with you.
- Security updates to prevent account spoofing.
- Dynamic camera and character animation improvements.
- Added an option for controlling the PTT sound.
- Increased XP penalty of team killing fellow counselors to -1,000XP from -200XP.
- Fixed several exploit locations on all maps.
- Fixed Steam party members not following the party leader.
- Fixed Steam party main menu voice stuttering.
- Fixed Jason getting stuck in the grab pose if a grabbed counselor disconnects while being pulled out of a car.
- Fixed an issue with block detection on boat seats.
- Fixed some counselor vehicle interactions not being blocked while in a context kill.
- Fixed some floating items on item swap and with traps.
- Fixed the Shotgun sometimes floating after use.
- Fixed an issue with tracking total Jason kills.
- Fixed multiple achievement related bugs.
- Fixed windows sometimes displaying the wrong open/close position on listen servers.
- Fixed an issue where sprint was canceling fear animations & some stances.
- Fixed some dynamic camera issues when interpolating from a kill back to the player.
- Fixed Jason being able to morph into the boat and get shoved out of the map.
- Fixed a case where spectators would not hear alive players.
- Fixed session presence not always updating immediately to point at your game session (for invites) after you leave a party session.
- Fixed some game server specific crashes.
- Fixed the game sitting for the duration of the outro when no outro is played.
- Fixed the scoreboard staying on the screen when the end match menu opens. Locking the end match scoreboard on-screen.
- Fixed defaults not always functioning in Video Settings.
- Made the Gamma slider easier to use with a gamepad.
- Fixed a case where a player's mute state may not be sent to the server after loading the map.
- Fixed character placement issue when getting out of a tent.
- Fixed character placement issue when ejected from a car and your door is blocked.
- Fixed being able to use other items while using the sweater.
- Fixed some exploits with trap placement.
- Fixed multiple crouch exploits.
- Fixed multiple fireplace kill interaction distances.
- Fixed multiple cases of Jason being struck and flying off the map.
- Fixed multiple interaction lock bugs.
- Optimized Steam P2P lobby tag updates, dedicated server tag space usage.
What do you think of the new update for Friday the 13th: The Game? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to participate in the community discussion over on the Friday the 13th: The Game page on Steam.
By reading through this article, you should now be aware of everything that was added into Friday the 13th: The Game via the latest content update.Load Comments