The biggest system update to date was recently released for the Nintendo Switch, bringing the console up to version 3.00. The update added several new features, including the ability to locate one or more misplaced Joy-Con controllers.
Although, the phenomenon of stuck Joy-Con wrist straps sadly continues. Which comes as no surprise with games like ARMS that require you to connect your wrist strap in order to play. Fortunately, we have a guide that will help you get those suckers off so you can dock the handheld device, recharge it, and of course, download the 3.00 update.
In most situations, the Nintendo Switch will automatically download the latest update. However, if you need to manually install the update, you can do so by heading to your System Settings menu and select the System Update option.
Aside from the new “Find Controller” feature, there are other handy additions which you can check out in the full list of patch notes below.
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games.
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists.
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online.
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu.
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for your user icon.
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings.
- Lower the maximum volume for headphones or speakers connected to the audio jack.
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale.
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable.
- Update connected controllers.
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software.
To learn more about how you can utilize these features with your Switch, be sure to check out the Nintendo Support Site, which includes easy-to-follow instructions.
What do you think of the latest 3.00 update for the Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below!Load Comments