X-Plane 11 is a highly detailed flight simulator created by the team at Laminar Research. The game boasts an unprecedented amount of realism, and as such, requires a higher level of system requirements in comparison to other simulators. Especially if you want to fully take advantage of the game's vast attention to detail!
To make the most out of your X-Plane 11 experience, be sure to brush up on the full list of system requirements down below.
X-Plane 11 Minimum Hardware Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 with 2 or more cores (or AMD equivalent). Note that dual-core CPUs slower than 3 GHz should test their current setup through the free X-Plane 11 demo. If your computer is having trouble running the X-Plane 11 demo, you may want to consider upgrading your CPU prior to purchasing the full version of the game.
- Memory: 8GB of RAM or more.
- Video Card: A card from NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel that is compatible with DirectX 11 and has at least 1GB of VRAM.
X-Plane 11 Recommended Hardware Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5 GHz or faster.
- Memory: 16-24GB of RAM or more.
- Video Card: A card from NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel that’s compatible with DirectX 12 and has at least 4GB of VRAM.
X-Plane 11 Supported Video Cards
- NVIDIA: GeForce 420 or newer (600 or newer recommended).
- AMD: HD5000 or newer (HD7000 with GCN core or newer recommended).
- Intel: HD2000 or newer (HD4000 or newer recommended).
X-Plane 11 Supported Operating Systems
- OS X: 10.10 or newer.
- Windows: Windows 7, 8, or 10 at 64-bit.
- Linux: Will vary depending on your distribution. X-Plane 11 will indeed run on Linux,
howeverthe developers recommended that you try out the free X-Plane 11 demo to see if the game is compatible with your current setup. Note that some of the game’s developers have used Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 LTS successfully. Additionally, X-Plane 11 on Linux will require the proprietary driver from AMD or NVIDIA. X-Plane 11 does not support fully open source drivers.
This should give you a better overall idea of what you should be running prior to purchasing X-Plane 11 on Steam. If you’re in doubt, you can always test out your current build using the free X-Plane 11 demo. By reading through this overview, you should now know the full system requirements for X-Plane 11.Load Comments