SMITE recently received a major patch today which has effectively brought back The Odyssey, which will last from now until the SMITE World Championship at the 2017 HiRez Expo. For SMITE users unfamiliar with how Odyssey works, every two weeks the developers will be releasing new content for direct purchase that grants players Odyssey Points.
These Odyssey Points will allow you to unlock even more content in SMITE. In addition, purchasing content is not the only way you can earn Odyssey Points as each week there will be 7 different quests to complete, all of which award you with Odyssey points. New Odyssey content being added in 3.17:
- Foxy Amaterasu
- Odyssey Loading Frame
- Old Wa Nu Wa (Collection Reward)
Xing Tian's Mountain
SMITE’s 3.17 update has officially introduced the game’s first ever PvE experience. Xing Tian’s Mountain is a five-player co-op
- Players will begin at level 13 with 7500 Gold.
- They will then fight a randomly selected encounter and try to defeat it in the time limit.
- Upon success, players will move to the next round which will be more difficult
indefenses and damage.
- The top players will be shown on a leaderboard, showcasing how long players can survive Xing Tian’s Mountain.
- Increased radius of the Silence effect from 20 to 30.
Celestial Legion Helm
- Increased Physical Protections from 70 to 90.
- Increased Attack Speed from 15% to 20%.
- Added +100 mana.
- NEW PASSIVE – Each time you take damage from an enemy God, you gain a stack of reinforced armor providing +5 physical and magical protections. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 6s, refreshing with each stack gained.
- Increased Aura effect radius from 20 to 30.
Shoes of Focus
- Increased Magical Power from 30 to 40.
- Reduced cost from 1500g to 1400g.
- Increased Physical Power from 10 to 15.
- Increased base mana from 215 to 230.
- Increased MP5 per level from 18 to 25.
- Decreased mana cost from (70/75/80/85/90) to (60/65/70/75/80).
- Increased Damage from (25/45/65/95/105) to (30/50/70/90/110).
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 25% to 20%.
- Increased Stealth duration from (3/3.5/4/4.5/5) to (4/4.5/5/5.5/6).
- Increased Damage from (250/340/430/520/610) to (250/350/450/550/650).
- Increased Scaling from 120% to 130%.
- Increased Cooldown from
70sat all ranks to(90/85/80/75/70s).
- Nox now has a new taunt animation.
- Updated Clay Soldier’s AI to better attack intended targets.
- Minions will always prioritize enemy gods that are damaging Nu Wa.
- If there are no gods attacking Nu Wa, the minions will then target the closest enemy until a god damages any Ally or Nu Wa.
- Reduced protection shred from (5/10/15/20/25) per stack to (4/8/12/16/20).
- Increased Movement Speed bonus from 10% to 15%.
- Reduced the pre-fire on this ability so players can immediately fire a basic attack without waiting for Trident’s animation to finish.
- Increased Cooldown from 8s to 9s.
10 Hand Shadow Fist
- Reduced Heal per Hit from (15/30/45/60/75) to (10/25/40/55/70).
- Terra’s Standing Stones will now show a cracked texture when they are about to fade.
Sky Cutting Axe
- This ability will no longer be cancelled by using basic attacks or ability.
Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
- Decreased the windup time on Whirlwind of Rage and Steel.
Witchblade now properly applies its slow to targets afflicted by Frostbound Hammer instead of being overwritten by Frostbound Hammer.
League: Players whose MMR is above where their division says they are will now be more aggressively pulled to their correct division.
It looks like the biggest items of note in this update are the return of The Odyssey leading up to 2017's SMITE World Championship, the introduction of SMITE's first PvE mode, and Bastet receiving a sizable buff this time around. What do you think of Bastet before and after this update? Let us know in the comments below!
For more indie game updates and info, be sure to check out or other features here at Indie Obscura including our thoughts on Ark: Survival Evolved's new paid DLC expansion, our coverage of Hideo Kojima's exclusive new details on Death Stranding, and the confirmed release date of Shovel Knight's second expansion Specter of Torment.Load Comments