A new patch for PUBG on Xbox One has taken aim at the continued performance issues of console release.
In their roadmap for the year ahead, Bluehole said that the console performance isn’t up to the standards they want, saying: “to put it bluntly, we are simply not satisfied with the games current console performance, and especially so during tense moments of onscreen action.”
The new patch should improve things a jot thanks to changes to textures on Erangel, but Bluehole say they’re committed to pushing out further improvements.
“Until we are completely satisfied in the quality and reliability of the experience, efforts to optimize performance will be an ongoing hi-priority issue.”
There's still a good deal of room for improvement however, as Digital Foundry shows in their video below.
The latest patch isn’t just an update to performance however, it also introduces a much-needed tweak to the inventory system. New focal points have been added in the UI to make it easier for controller-bound console players to navigate and equip items. You’re also now able to scroll through items using the triggers which should speed up the dangerous act of looting dead bodies.
Further console updates will see the desert Miramar map come to Xbox One in spring, along with a test server arriving on console.Here are the patch notes in full:
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly