Valorant is heading into a new act this week, with update 5.04 bringing a reset to competitive ranks, a new battle pass to buy and a free event pass to work through. What the Valorant 5.04 patch notes don’t include, however, are any balance changes. Instead, players can now choose to use their own custom crosshair color, or nab the one used by the person they’re currently spectating.
If you do want to steal someone else’s crosshair, you’ll need to type /crosshair copy or /cc while spectating after your death. This will automatically copy their current settings and add them as a profile in your crosshair options.
It’s a small detail, but given Valorant’s esports scene is currently heading towards the year-ending Valorant Champions tournament in Istanbul, it’s no surprise that developer Riot is holding off any major shakeup of the current meta. Expect any major character reworks to arrive after Champions concludes on September 18. Until then you might as well enjoy the new Fire Again music video created for the event.
For now, though, here are the Valorant 5.04 patch notes for Episode 5 Act 2:
Valorant 5.04 patch notes - Episode 5 Act 2
The new crosshair colors and alignment options are the main addition in Valorant’s 5.04 update, but there’s also a minor bug fix included to make Yoru a little less confusing that he’s intended to be.
We’ve added a few quality of life improvements to crosshairs and are excited to share them with you!
- Added the ability to select a custom crosshair color.
- Go to Settings >> Crosshair >> Primary, Aim Down Sights, or Sniper Scope
- On the drop down menu for color, select Custom and input the Hex Code (6-digit RGB) value of desired color
- If a non-Hex code is entered, crosshair will revert to the previous color.
- Added the ability to independently tune horizontal and vertical crosshair lines.
- Go to Settings >> Crosshair >> Primary or Aim Down Sights >> Inner/Outer Length
- Disabling the middle “chain” icon enables independent tuning.
- Left slider is for horizontal line and the right slider is for the vertical line.
- Added the ability to copy spectating player’s crosshair settings
- When spectating another player, type “/crosshair copy” or “/cc” to import the crosshair of the player you are spectating and save it as a new crosshair profile
- Increased the number of crosshair profiles available from 10 to 15
- Fixed a bug where Yoru’s Gatecrash would sometimes leave floor markers in incorrect locations
And that's everything from the Valorant 5.04 patch notes. We'll bring more exciting news when it's announced in the next update.