Developer Riot has just released the patch notes for Valorant’s 3.03 update. Included is a revert to one of Viper’s most-welcomed changes, along with an explanation of why Yoru’s buffs aren’t yet forthcoming and could be delayed for some time. We’ve got the full Valorant 3.03 patch notes for the August 10 update below, as supplied by Riot.
Valorant update 3.03 patch notes - August 10
Yoru update explanation from character producer John Goscicki:
Hey all, wanna touch on the Yoru changes we were hoping to get out by 3.02. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the team is going to have to indefinitely delay the Yoru updates. We’re in a situation at the moment where certain resources needed to do this work are unavailable to us. As soon as we get a clearer picture of when we can ship these changes, you’ll be the first to know. Sincere apologies to everyone who has been looking forward to these.
What we do have is a lineup of new crosshair settings, the ability to shoot through Radianite crates, and a system to make it easier to revert AFK penalties due to server issues on our end.
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Pit started forming at the cursor placement point instead of around Viper
- OK so this is technically a bug fix, but it alters the way Viper’s Pit is deployed. We accidentally shipped a bug in 3.01 that caused her ultimate to spawn at her placement reticle instead of around her. We know a lot of Viper mains thought this was an intentional buff and might not be happy about this revert—we’re very sorry to cause pain for you all.
- We think that Viper’s Pit can be a very potent tool for holding an area. Given that impact, it’s important that her team pays the cost of securing ground before she can place her ult, as opposed to being able to cast it forward into areas without giving up her position.
Gameplay technology updates
- Turn on "Use Advanced Options" to additionally customize your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot!
- Added the ability to save and switch between multiple crosshair profiles
- We hear y'all on wanting the ability to share your crosshair settings, and we agree! We don't have an exact time frame on when that will be coming, but it is definitely on our radar.
- Added a setting to set a minimum firing error across all weapons
- Added a setting to use the primary crosshair with shotguns
- You can now shoot through Radianite crates,with appropriate weapons, from all angles
- Previously, you could shoot through some crates from limited directions, but not others.
- Updated ziplines to allow the 'Use' key so you can detach at any point
- Added a system that enables us to automatically revert any AFK penalties applied to you in the event of unexpected server instability
- Autobalance button added for custom games with > 6 players based on players' MMR
- Improved the accuracy and responsiveness for the ping calculation
- Ping stats now show both the average and the max ping values to help you better understand your networking conditions
- The average value is calculated from multiple samples collected over a small interval of time—the max value is the largest value within that sample.
- Fixed a big where Killjoy’s turret was not affected by concuss
- Fixed Astra’s Gravity Well from pulling people while they were attached to ascenders
- Fixed a bug where Astra could activate Dissipate while attached to ascenders
- Fixed Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout from destroying Sage’s Barrier Orb if placed in a way that overlapped a segment of the barrier wall
Those were the full Valorant 3.03 patch notes for the August 10 update. Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait too long for our riftwalking boy Yoru to get some love from Riot’s team.Load Comments