Mass Effect: Legendary Edition has received its first patch since release, fixing some painful bugs including the case of the missing Spectre gear and noisy jump gates.
The release of the Legendary Edition saw the original Mass Effect improved in many ways, but also introduced a few new issues as well. One particular pain was the powerful Spectre Master gear not appearing at the Normandy or Citadel C-Sec shops.
Following the update, any sufferers should find that their quartermasters have located the absent goods, though you’ll still need to pay through the teeth in credits to afford them.
Another major fix to arrive in the patch was a reduction in the Mass Relay loading screen audio. Jumping between clusters within the galaxy previously turned the interstellar speaker system up to 11, producing a deafeningly loud sound effect as the Normandy latched on to the magical blue space cannon.
Thankfully, the animation volume has been lowered significantly in the new patch, making mopping up sidequests throughout the galaxy a far less ear-shattering activity.
The original and both sequels received several bug fixes in the patch, so check out the full Mass Effect: Legendary Edition patch notes below.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition patch notes
- English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
- Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
- Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
- Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
- Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching
- Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
- Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre - Master Gear was inaccessible
- Various collision improvements
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
- Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes
Mass Effect 2
- Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
- Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
- Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
- Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
- Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC
Those were the full Mass Effect: Legendary Edition patch notes for June 7. Hopefully they rectified any issues facing your Shepard, though sorting out the Reapers is still definitely up to you.