Apex Legends' Season 8 patch notes and Chaos Theory collection event adds some new spice to the battle royale on March 9, with modes themed around Caustic's suffocating personality – and his deadly gas.
The resident edgelord gets his day in the new Town Takeover feature, which fills areas with his sweet-smelling NOX gas. You can brave the hostile environment for gold-tier loot, or just stay away entirely, for your health.
There's a new limited time mode called Ring Fury which creates isolated areas all over the map where a ring of death spreads outwards, adding even more ring-based horror than the slowly enclosing one you're already in. You can use a Heat Shield (which everyone drops into the match with in their Survival Inventory slot) to create a dome that protects any of your buds who get caught out in the fury of battle.
There are, of course, even more ostentatious cosmetics for you to unlock, including legendary sets for Caustic and Crypto, as well as a Spartan helmet for Loba, some sort of Conquistador fit for Wattson and Rampart is covered in skulls.
Also available in loot drops for this season's event is Bangalore's "Cold Steel" Heirloom knife which looks like it'll carve through anything like a hot knife through butter. There are 24 new cosmetic event items to be earned through the Chaos Theory reward track in this season's battle pass.
Apex Legends Season 8 patch notes
A number of changes are coming to character and balance in the latest Apex Legends patch, here are the buffs and nerfs identified earlier by patch examiner Shrugtal:
- Nox Gas Grenade Ultimate nerfed from 2.5 -> 3.5 minute cooldown
- Nox Gas damage nerfed to 5 DPS (down from 6->12 scaling DPS)
- Low Profile removed (he too big!)
- Dome of Protection no longer increases healing speed
- Black Hole Ultimate nerfed from 2 -> 3 minute CD
- Silence now disables Mirage's cloaked revive/respawn and Octane's Swift Mend passive
- Now passively regenerates shields at 0.5 hp/s
- Explosives damage Amped Cover normally, instead of 200 damage
- Explosives damage Sheila normally, instead of 175 damage
- Mastiff damage nerfed from 13 -> 11 per pellet, but fires 10% faster
- Wingman +1 Magazine Capacity, including base
- Hemlok increased hip-fire spread
- All gold AR / LMG optics now 2x Bruiser
- Optics on gold weapons can now be swapped (except Kraber)
- No-Fill Matchmaking added
- Mirage Voyage leaves King's Canyon
- Gold Backpack now has FX to tell the enemy that an enhanced revive is taking place
- While respawning on a dropship, you can now ping your own deathbox to help locate it easier
- Assists have been added to the in-game HUD, next to kills
- Assists and Knocks have been added to your squad’s banners and will show at the end of a match
- Club names now appear on Match Summary and Champion screen if all players are part of the same club
- Items will no longer “stick” to Crafting Replicator when dropped on the Replicator
- Badge Progress - for badges that have longer amounts of progress, hovering over the badge will show you more information
- Players on PC can now go back to the title screen from the lobby to allow switching of data centers without restarting the game
- Added numbers to the Advanced Look Controls. This should help people experiment and easily revert back to their favorite settings
- When scanning a beacon for Ring 6, you should now be able to see the location where Ring 6 finishes
- Inspect Weapon has been moved to the emote wheel by default. It can be bound to any key on PC
What do you think about the changes in Apex Legends Season 8 patch notes when the Chaos Theory event drops on March 9? Will you be maining Caustic for those sweet new threads?Load Comments