CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the sprawling metropolis of Night City. The character you control, V is extremely customizable through extensive RPG skill trees and cybernetic modifications. Navigating this world and all the ways you can shape V as a person and mercenary can be overwhelming. But don't worry, we've got some tips to help you kick off your Cyberpunk adventure on the right foot!
Five tips for starting out in Cyberpunk 2077
- Upgrade the weapons and outfits you like. Weapons and clothing items can both have upgrade slots, so instead of switching what you have equipped whenever you get new loot, focus on making the gear you like using the best it can be.
- Don't be afraid to mainline the story in the beginning. A lot of the side jobs and gigs early on are just filler. You can do them if you're just looking to earn extra cash, or you just want to mess around in the world, but the side content that's actually interesting and less repetitive is past Act 1.
- Save your money for implants. Clothes and weapons may seem like a no-brainer for shopping, but resist the urge. Both are plentiful in the environment, and if you go after the game's special weapons (like Skippy) and upgrade them, you won't need to buy new ones. Implants, on the other hand, will always be useful, and they're expensive! So save your eddies to upgrade your body instead of your gear.
- Get used to using your scanner in combat ASAP to gain an edge. Pulling it up slows time a bit, plus it's necessary for pulling off quickhacks that can save your butt in a tight spot.
- Don't bother grabbing all the food and drinks you find in the environment. The benefits from consuming these are pretty negligible and they aren't worth much if you sell them, so save your time and inventory space.
For more Cyberpunk 2077 features and guides, click here to visit our game hub.Load Comments