In gatcha game/JRPG hybrid, Genshin Impact, there are all kinds of different creatures that show up as bosses and can drop valuable crafting materials. One of these is the agile lizard, the vishap. In this guide, we'll teach you everything you need to know about the rocky variant on these guys, the Geovishap Hatchling. Taking down these critters will score you valuable Fragile Bone Shards which can be used in upgrades. In this guide we'll teach you the Genshin Impact Geovishap Hatchling locations, as well as how to fight them and what they'll drop. Track them down and take them on with these tips!
Genshin Impact Geovishap Hatchling locations guide
- Fragile Bone Shard
- Sturdy Bone Shard (level 40+)
- Fossilized Bone Shard (level 60+)
Geovishap Hatchling Locations
To find Geovishap Hatchling locations, you will need to crack open your Adventurer's Handbook and navigate to the Bosses tab. Set Liyue as the region at the top. This will reveal the areas where they spawn.
- Stone Gate: This hatchling can be found in the wilderness across the road from the man and his sick wife.
- Dihua Marsh: This hatchling can be found on the shoreline, underneath a tree by an NPC house.
- Tianqui Valley: Two hatchlings can be found wandering just to the south of the teleporter. Watch out because there's also an Electro Cicin Mage right next to them and it will attack you if you aggro it. There are three more hatchlings up on the slope of a hill to the south of the teleporter and to the east of where the first two are hanging out. The first time you defeat these a Precious Chest will appear.
- Gunyun Stone Forest: This Geovishap Hatchling location can be found on a small island to the south. It's the second southernmost island after the one with a Shrine of Depths.
- Huangang Stone Forest: This hatchling can be found in the westernmost part of this area.
Tips for fighting them
To handle this fight, pay attention to when the hatchlings burrow. When they do, two Geo shards will spawn. If you pick these up, you can use them as a shield. When the hatchling rolls into you, activate the Geo shield and it should stun the hatchling long enough for you to get some hits in. Rinse and repeat as needed.
It's also recommended that you use weapons like Greatswords or attacks like Overload to take down these little lizards.
Now that you know the Geovishap Hatchling locations you can start farming them for all the bone shards you need. For more Genshin Impact features and guides, click here to go to the game hub.