You’ll soon be able to set foot back in the world of Baldur’s Gate, but who’s foot will it be, and what kind of foot? The Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access launch won’t include the full suite of options bundled in the final game, but you can still play around with several different fantasy races and classes from the Dungeons & Dragons universe. Interested to know more? Here are all the races and classes in Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access.
All races and classes in Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access
Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access will include eight base races (including sub-races) and six classes (with subclasses) to pick from. Below we’ve listed out the full run of each:
- Dwarf - Tough, short folk. Comes with two sub-races
- Gold Dwarf: A rich heritage and expertise in craftsmanship.
- Shield Dwarf: A rougher upbringing after surviving wars and being displaced.
- Elf - Your standard pointy-eared kind. Comes with two sub-races.
- High Elf: Strength in magic.
- Wood Elf: Strength in archery, speed, and stealth.
- Githyanki - Yellow/green-skinned warrior race that excels in combat. No sub-races.
- Halfling - Smaller, shorter folk. Comes with two subclasses.
- Lightfoot: Expertise in stealthy movement
- Strongheart: Sturdier stats and a resistance to poison.
- Half-Elves: Typically half-human, half-elf. Comes with three subclasses.
- High: Details unknown, likely good at magic.
- Wood: Details unknown, likely good at archery/stealth/speed.
- Drow: Details unknown.
- Human - Your bog-standard human. No sub-classes.
- Tiefling - Demonic beings whose three subclasses come from various bloodlines.
- Asmodeus: Focus on fire and darkness.
- Mephistopheles: Focus on arcane magics.
- Zariel: Focus on burning, physical strength.
There are six classes listed for the Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access release. Larian has confirmed that each will have at least two subclasses in Early Access, with potentially more to come.
- Life Domain
- Light Domain
- Trickery Domain
- Battle Master
- Eldritch Knight
- Beast Master
- Arcane Trickster
- The Fiend
- The Great One
- School of Evocation
- School of Abjuration
The classes and races included in Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access aren’t representative of the final release, and as such you can expect the stats and abilities to get tweaked as feedback is gathered. In addition, more races, classes and subraces may be on the way, so don’t panic too much if your favorites aren’t there!Load Comments