Jin Sakai may begin Ghost of Tsushima as a steadfast samurai, but over the course of the game he’ll expand his skillset to include powerful Ghost Weapons. Through distraction or outright destruction, these less honorable tools will allow Jin to balance the odds in his battles against the Mongol forces invading his home. Below, we’ve put together a list of all the Ghost Weapons in Ghost of Tsushima, as well as the upgrades you can unlock for them.
All Ghost Weapons and upgrades in Ghost of Tsushima
You’ll unlock new Ghost Weapons as your legend grows, but beyond the initial kunai, the order of unlock is up to you. To help with that decision, here are all the Ghost Weapons and their upgrades in Ghost of Tsushima:
Thrown instantly to damage and stagger up to three enemies in front of Jin. Unlocked automatically during early story missions.
- Upgrade 1: Throw 1 additional Kunai.
- Upgrade 2: Kunai deal double damage.
Black Powder Bombs
Thrown with a grenade arc indicator to damage and heavily stagger enemies hit.
- Upgrade 1: Knocks down enemies hit by the shockwave of the bombs.
- Upgrade 2: Adds shrapnel to the bombs, increasing damage and radius.
Thrown at your feet instantly to disorientate any enemies in a large nearby area, allowing you to assassinate or flee easily.
- Upgrade 1: Smoke bombs last longer and briefly blind enemies caught in their blast.
- Upgrade 2: Smoke bomb fumes heal some of your health.
Thrown instantly to stick to an enemy before detonating.
- Upgrade 1: You’re no longer adversely affected by the explosion.
- Upgrade 2: A direct hit is an instant kill and explodes in a wider, more damaging radius.
Can be thrown a long distance with a grenade arc indicator to lure an enemy guard to its location.
- Upgrade 1: Throws a firecracker which will lure multiple enemies to the location.
Related: How to change stance and what stance to use in Ghost of Tsushima
Those are all of Jin’s Ghost Weapons and upgrades in Ghost of Tsushima. We consider Kunai and Smoke Bombs the most useful by far, but they all come in handy during the right circumstances. For more Ghost of Tsushima tips and tricks, head on over to the game hub by clicking here and we’ll sort you out.