During the month of June, Animal Crossing: New Horizons players have the opportunity to take part in a Wedding Day Event. The event runs the entire month so there’s plenty of time to check it out at least once. Wondering what the event is all about? Here’s how to participate in the Wedding Day Event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
How to participate in the Wedding Day Event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
The Wedding Day Event is an optional activity available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons the entire month of June. You can take part in the Wedding Day Event once per day and earn exclusive Wedding Day Items along with Heart Crystals which can be used to purchase even more Wedding Day Items of your choice.
The basics of the Wedding Day Event are as follows:
- You’ll need to fly to Harv’s Island to participate in the Wedding Day Event.
- You can participate once per day every day in June.
- To participate, you’ll need to take anniversary photos of Cyrus and Reese.
- To do this, you’ll arrange the room according to their wishes the same way you’d arrange furniture in your own home.
- You have access to event furniture as well as your own furniture.
- When you’re happy, talk to Cyrus and Reese and say you’re ready to take photos.
- After taking a few photos, talk to Cyrus and Reese again and show them the photos.
- As a reward, you’ll earn one free Wedding Day Item the first seven days of the event. You’ll also earn up to 11 Heart Crystals the first seven days.
- After that, you can earn up to 15 Heart Crystals each day.
- Heart Crystals are used to buy additional Wedding Day items of your choice.
- There are 29 Wedding Day items in total.
To break down those instructions further, the Wedding Day Event is available on Harv’s Island. Speak to Orville at the Airport and ask to fly to Harv’s Island. When you land, speak to Harv outside his home to learn more about the event and meet the couple, Cyrus and Reese.
Once you’ve done the event at least once, you’ll be able to tell Harv you want to take photos rather than have to go through the whole tutorial all over again. To take these photos, you’ll need to speak to Cyrus and Reese to find out what kind of photos they want.
For example, they may ask you to recreate their wedding and set the room up like a chapel. With these instructions, recreate their wishes as best you can.
You’ll redecorate the room the same as you would your home by pressing the right arrow on your D-Pad and sorting through items. You have access to special Wedding Day Event items, and you can also use your own items.
When you’re done decorating, let Cyrus and Reese know you’re ready to take photos. Take a few, then speak with them again to show them the photos you’ve taken. They’ll assess the photos and give you a reward.
The first seven days of the event, your reward will consist of one free Wedding Day Event item and up to 11 Heart Crystals.
After that, you can earn up to 15 Heart Crystals per photo session. With these Heart Crystals, you can purchase additional Wedding Day Event items of your choice. In total, there are 29 Wedding Day Event items including furniture, wallpaper, clothing, and more. Again, the Wedding Day Event is available the entire month of June.
You can visit Harv’s Island each day and take photos for Cyrus and Reese to earn Wedding Day Event items and Heart Crystals. It’s entirely optional, but it’s a ton of fun and a great way to earn some really cute pieces of furniture!
Now that you know how to participate in the Wedding Day Event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, we have a few other guides you may find useful including:
- A list of all Wedding Day Event items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch sharks in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch a Goliath Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons