In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, several new fish were added to the Northern Hemisphere including the Gar. Unlike the Saddled Bichir and Arowana, the Gar is more of a pond fish than a river fish. To explain further, we’ve put together a guide on how to capture a Gar in Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
How to catch a Gar in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Gar are available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons as of June 1 in the Northern Hemisphere.
- You can catch a Gar from 4 p.m. until 9 a.m. in ponds.
- To catch a Gar, keep an eye out for a large fish shadow.
- You can sell Gar for 6,000 Bells each.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons players have been busy trying to catch new fish including the Gar. As of June 1, players in the Northern Hemisphere can catch Gar. Note that Gar are only available from 4 p.m. until 9 a.m. in ponds. Gar have large fish shadows so they’re hard to miss, especially if you’re fishing in a smaller pond.
Other fish with large shadows include the Black Bass, so be patient if you don’t immediately catch a Gar. If you’re having a hard time getting fish to spawn in your ponds, you can try and use Fish Bait to lure them out. You can also go on a Mystery Island tour and try and land on a fish island.
We caught several new fish on one such fish island including an Arowana, Arapaima, and of course, a Gar. After you give your first Gar to blathers, you can sell extras for 6,000 Bells each. Again, Gar can be found in ponds from 4 p.m. to 9 a.m. in ponds in the Northern Hemisphere of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Now that you know how to catch a Gar in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, we think you may find these other fishing guides useful including:
- How to catch a Dorado in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch an Arapaima in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch a Saddled Bichir in Animal Crossing: New Horizons