In June, several new bugs were added to the Northern Hemisphere in Animal Crossing: New Horizons including the Goliath Beetle. The Goliath Beetle isn’t hard to spot, but it is hard to catch. To simplify the process, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on how to catch a Goliath Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to catch a Goliath Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- The Goliath Beetle is available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons as of June 1 in the Northern Hemisphere.
- You can catch a Goliath Beetle from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. on coconut trees.
- To catch a Goliath Beetle, you’ll need to spot it from far enough away, approach slowly, then hold down the A button to creep forward with your net. Keep holding A, then release when you’re close enough to catch the Goliath Beetle.
- The Goliath Beetle sells for 8,000 Bells.
A ton of new bugs were recently added to Animal Crossing: New Horizons including the Goliath Beetle. As of June 1, Animal Crossing: New Horizons players in the Northern Hemisphere have the ability to catch the Goliath Beetle. To do this, they’ll need to keep in mind that the Goliath Beetle is only available from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. on the sides of coconut trees.
The Goliath Beetle is similar to the Rainbow Stag in that it’s very, very jumpy. If you approach it too fast, or approach from the wrong angle, you risk scaring it away. To catch the Goliath Beetle, you’ll need to treat it like you would the Rainbow Stag. Unlike the Rainbow Stag, the Goliath Beetle only spawns on coconut trees.
While they’re easier to spot because of this, you may have a hard time getting them to spawn if you don’t have enough coconut trees planted on your island. Also, you’ll want to avoid running past your coconut trees as this can scare away Goliath Beetles. We recommend walking slowly, and if you spot a Goliath Beetle, take a few steps back and approach it from the front.
With your net, hold the A button to slowly creep forward. Keep holding A, then release when you’re close enough to catch the Goliath Beetle. It can take a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll have no trouble farming these gentle giants for Bells. If you aren’t getting Goliath Beetles on your island, you can go on a Mystery Island Tour.
When you turn your island into a “Scorpion Island” you’ll see both Rainbow Stags and Goliath Beetles spawn like crazy on coconut trees. Yes, the Rainbow Stag will also spawn on coconut trees, especially if you remove all other trees on the island (which we recommend). As mentioned above, the Goliath Beetle is a great insect to farm as they sell for 8,000 Bells each similar to the Scorpion or Tarantula but way less scary.
Again, the Goliath Beetle can be found on the sides of coconut trees from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. in the Northern Hemisphere of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Now that you know how to catch the Goliath Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, have a look at some of our other creature guides including:
- How to catch a Rainbow Stag in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch a Great White Shark in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to catch a Dorado in Animal Crossing: New Horizons