Paradox Interactive debuted a brand new story trailer for Crusader Kings 3 that included a surprise bonus… an official release date! That’s right, we finally know when we’ll be able to sink several hundred more hours into Crusader Kings once the third title is released this September.
Crusader Kings 3 locks down a release date
It’s official, Crusader Kings 3 is scheduled to release on September 1 for PC. The exciting news comes courtesy of a story trailer uploaded to Paradox’s YouTube channel today.
The trailer shows the growth of a ruler from infant to adulthood, touching upon how you’ll be able to build your house into a massive dynasty with your legacy extending from generation to generation.
You can be passive or violent, merciful or merciless. The choices you make will impact how well you do and the fate of your descendants. On the game’s Steam page, additional information is provided on the character you can create, warfare you can wage, and intrigue you can dabble in.
- Adopt one of five different lifestyles, perfecting your skills in military strategy or kingdom management.
- Acquire character traits that will guide your actions.
- Choose appropriate guardians for your heirs, or train them yourself.
- Recruit man-at-arms units and powerful knights to supplement your royal levies.
- Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your realm.
- Hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major wars.
- Supplement your income with ransomed prisoners or raiding parties on neighboring realms.
- Use your spymaster to discover plots against your dynasty and your rule.
- Recruit agents to assist your schemes to undermine or murder anyone who stands between you and power.
- Seduce other characters for love or political power.
- Gather information for blackmailing purposes or call in favors whenever your plans need an extra bit of influence.
If you’re sold on Crusader Kings 3 you’ll be happy to hear you can pre-order the game right now. Two versions are available including a standard version for $49.99 (USD) and the Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition for $74.99 (USD) which includes both the game and the Expansion Pass.
With the Expansion Pass, you’ll receive additional content like the “Fashion of the Abbasid Court” which is immediately available on launch day.
On the official page for Crusader Kings 3 on the Paradox website, other useful information is noted including the game’s support of both singleplayer and multiplayer and OS compatibility for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The game won’t take up too much space on your computer (Windows, Linux) as it comes in at a reasonable 3 GB in size. For Mac users, you’ll need 4 GB of available space and a lot more RAM with 16 GB recommended for Mac and 8 GB recommended for Windows and Linux.
As a whole, the game should be able to run on most systems without issue. If you’re concerned about whether your computer can handle the game, you can always check the system requirements before you buy your copy of Crusader Kings 3.
Crusader Kings 3 is scheduled to release on September 1 for Steam, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and the Paradox Launcher. You can pre-order the game right now and receive a bonus, the Crusader Kings III: Outfits of the Holy Roman Empire which features outfits for both commoners, rulers, and warriors alike.Load Comments